Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Volvo engine, need help please.
I am currently fitting a volvo engine into my delorean. As it was imported over here witout the original engine i am having to get the delorean parts for the engine. I need help!
there are some parts of the fuel system that i dont understand, Do i need them? Dont i need them?
frequency valve? do i need it? i dont thing the volvo set up has it? really not sure. also where all the wires go on the loom.
Would any one be prepared to pop and see me in their D and help me out for an hour please? just so i can see where everything goes.
And if anyone has any advice on the volvo set up in a D, would be greatly appreciated.
I have a workshop manual for the D and a haynes manual for the volvo. They both seem to call things different names in different chapters!
I think Chris Williams put a Volvo engine in his De, but he's not exactly local - he
might be able to give you some advice tho.
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
A lot depends on what you got with your Volvo engine.... did you get all the fuelling side of it? if so it just stays as it is except that as you have noted there is no frequency valve. I have done a few of these swaps and it's fairly easy (though probably easier if you have both to work with and compare) The main parts needed are the sump and something called a sandwich plate that goes between the sump and engine block. There are also other odds and sods like alternator mounting's A/C pulley mounts, various blanking plugs etc. Any probs give me a shout and I will try to talk you through it.

Chris
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
Great thanks chris. ive got the engine in, and most of it done, there is just a few bits im not sure about, i will give you a ring if thats ok? and see what you think.
stu3954 Wrote:Great thanks chris. ive got the engine in, and most of it done, there is just a few bits im not sure about, i will give you a ring if thats ok? and see what you think.

Yep, no problem

Chris
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584