Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Patience
I have completed many jobs on my car in the last few months, however the most trying situations are often the most rewarding. If the amount of reward is relative to how much a repair tests your patience then I must be in for a big windfall.

Today (9am) I decided that my recent back injury was good enough to get outside and set about replacing my master cylinder. As I was on my own and it is a two man job I knew there would be challenges. As it turns out everything went perfectly until I attempted to take the top bolt out holding the old cylinder in place. Quite often in the footwell are screw heads enabling your second man to keep the bolts from turning as you spanner them off. Mine where flat head bolts and the space was too tight to get a spanner on the inside. So I fashioned a tool to do the job but the bolt wouldn't shift, it was totally fused, after 30 years not surprising. So I hacksawed the bugger off. It took 2 hours of sawing to get it off and now as it stands the new master cylinder is in.

I suppose my point is no matter how helpful the how to's are (and they are invaluable) the frustration and level of swearing just doesn't come across when you read them.

I'm tired, my hands are sore but already I'm planning my next repair.....a good day

Mike
Mike Dargan
VIN #2311
DOC 697
You should have given me a ring Mike-just spent the day cleaning and polishing my DMC ready for the mot! But as you say, its a triumphant feeling knowing you've done the job! 8)
#10556 'Ol Stainless' running surprisingly well,Audi A5 2.0T Quattro smug as usual,Wenault Slaguna stationary for the mo',the R.V.Enterprise clocking the U.K.miles up,new fleet addition-Jessica the Daewoo Matiz,silly but 55mpg....!
I'll be giving you a ring when I'm doing my drive shafts seals think ill need a bit of support.

Mike Big Grin
Mike Dargan
VIN #2311
DOC 697