Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
new discs
Hi all, has any one got a set of front discs or know where i can get a pair, mine are warped to death. i did post on the other forum but cant find suppliers
cheers Tony TT
I beleive Ed Uding from DMC Europe does some really high praised vented discs from the Netherlands. Im getting some myself, after my second set in 1 year have warped like mad!

Vented is the way to go if you ask me !

http://www.deloreaneurope.com/
Paul Birks - DOC5 - Worksop
Cheers Paul, i had a look on his site but couldn't see the vented ones. It may be worth paying a little more if they last a lot longer Big Grin
Tony TT
I have Ed's vented discs and kevlar pads and very happy with them. I checked Ed's website and sure enough they have disappeared. I queried this with Ed and there is some kind of political mess from what I can can gather which is why they are no longer listed. Ed is still selling them though, so email him if you are interested and he should be able to sort you out.
Regards,

Chris Hawes
DOC 138
Ex owner of VIN 5255 Grey, 5-speed
my discs arent warped but rusted- would bead blasting work on them- trying to be thrifty!
SCEDT26T9BD005902
Ed Uding's vented discs are expensive but worth it in my opinion. He had to remove them from his site when he joined DMCH but I if you contact Ed I believe he can still supply them. You have to split your calliper and put spacers in but Ed's kit comes with everything you need. Mr Monk was going to buy a set of vented discs from Ed to go with his 4 pot callipers.

I have the part nos for the OEM discs which I will post up on the cross ref section.
Chris Spratt

Ex owner of Vin#16327 Grey 5 Speed was FLE 371Y
1998 Lotus Esprit GT3
1999 Lotus Elise
DOC 4
johnomac Wrote:my discs arent warped but rusted- would bead blasting work on them- trying to be thrifty!

Take them to a GOOD machine shop and get them to turn them down on a lathe. But make sure they don't go under 11mm thickness. Don't consdier media blasting. Personally I would not go 'cheap' on brakes from the safety aspect and also for under £60 you can have a brand new set of front discs Wink
Chris Spratt

1998 Lotus Esprit GT3
1999 Lotus Elise
DOC 4
good point Spratty Smile

The front discs are Cortina MkV, so shouldnt be expensive (rather then going to motor parts shop, saying "have you got any DeLorean calipers, and waiting for sharp intake of breath..... :wink: )
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
Claire Usher Wrote:The front discs are Cortina MkV

The front callipers are Cortina but the discs are custom to the DeLorean. And anyway if you use the Brake Engineering part no (which I posted earlier) they will know its for the D Smile Which reminds me, I have the complete brake pad part nos that you can buy down Halfords, Ill dig them out and post em later Big Grin

I have heard that Brake engineering have run out of the the current batch of rear discs and have no plans to make any more. But there again they said the same 5 years back and then decided there was enough demand to make another batch a few years later.
Chris Spratt

1998 Lotus Esprit GT3
1999 Lotus Elise
DOC 4
Talking of discs, i have a set ready to go on mine, they are cortina and have had 1mm machined off the inner where they go on the hub, and 4 new holes drilled as cortina are m12 bolts. The only difference is the callipers need spacing back about 3mm and they are lucas girling so hopefully good quality and even better only £30 a set
TT (tight tony) Ps unless you know someone who can do them for you, its probably not worth the bother....
DOC398
VIN#3484
Tourettes Tutor
I have the X factor
ChrisS Wrote:
Claire Usher Wrote:The front discs are Cortina MkV

The front callipers are Cortina but the discs are custom to the DeLorean.

sorry Spratty, you're quite right, I was getting calipers and discs muddled up... :roll: .... I had fun and games with the Rapier's calipers, as the NOS pads I'd bought a year before said Triumph 2000 Mk1 on them, so I was doing some hunting around x-referencing Triumph brakes to Rootes brakes as Triumph parts are easier to source then Rootes ones.

cheers,
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie