Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Newbie!
Hey all, long time fan, although not yet an owner unfortunately! Imagine the insurance for a 23 year old lol

Been in love with Deloreans since when I was a nipper, and my dad constantly told me of stories when he was working on them in Wooler Hodec, the lucky sausage!

I intend to own one of them one day - ideally one my dad worked on, but considering the RHD are worth lots and lots of money, as opposed to just lots of money for LHD, maybe not!
Hopefully one day, I'll have one sitting alongside an 82 Trans Am (Knight Rider lover also!) and TVR... One day...
Currently I'll have to make do with my 1.4 black Civic lol I'll make it look like KITT so it's a bit more bearable Wink

Well, I'll be off to now, but I hope to meet your acquaintances soon Smile
catfishcky Wrote:Hey all, long time fan, although not yet an owner unfortunately! Imagine the insurance for a 23 year old lol

Been in love with Deloreans since when I was a nipper, and my dad constantly told me of stories when he was working on them in Wooler Hodec, the lucky sausage!

I intend to own one of them one day - ideally one my dad worked on, but considering the RHD are worth lots and lots of money, as opposed to just lots of money for LHD, maybe not!
Hopefully one day, I'll have one sitting alongside an 82 Trans Am (Knight Rider lover also!) and TVR... One day...
Currently I'll have to make do with my 1.4 black Civic lol I'll make it look like KITT so it's a bit more bearable Wink

Well, I'll be off to now, but I hope to meet your acquaintances soon Smile

Hey, nothing wrong with Black Civic's, I LOVE my Black Civic!

Welcome aboard anyway, and good luck with any D' savings you might be starting to put together. One day you might just have a D' sitting next to that Black Civic of yours, just like me...

[Image: D_and_Civic.jpg]
Rissy
(Forum Member 288)
(DOC Member 663)

May 1981 vin#1458 "LEX"
Grey, Flapped, Black
Chassis: #1073
Engine: #2839

Main Car(s):
2005 BMW M3 in Velvet Blue
2010 Honda Civic Type R in Sapphire Blue (1 of 115 made)
That's a lovely looking Civic, in Pirates black too! Mine's just an 03 breadvan style 1.4 lol Definitely not Pirates black either Wink

I definitely hope to get a D' one day! Savings will be blown on my wedding first, then I'll save up for the Delorean! Tongue

A pic of my current beast Wink

[Image: 149008_10150329657265191_559100190_16137...5720_n.jpg]
...you and "Flex" could get into a heated debate over your lack of side finshers, and his ULTRA rare side finishers on his Silver breadvan. I've seen them (and his rare alloys) in the flesh. I'm very honoured from what i believe.

I'm sure you'll get there eventually with your D' savings, although then again....if your getting married....... .... ..maybe not?

Time will tell.

Good luck and all the best anyway.

P.S. Your's Midnight Black?
Rissy
(Forum Member 288)
(DOC Member 663)

May 1981 vin#1458 "LEX"
Grey, Flapped, Black

Main Car(s):
I never even knew they had bump strips! I would like to do a bit more to it, but really I'm going to save money for something else instead!

Dont worry, getting married but kids definitely are out of the question for now Wink

Thank you very much, fingers crossed Big Grin

And as for the colour, I really couldn't tell you -all I know is that it's black lol
welcome to the DOC-UK mate - and REALLY interesting about your dad working
for Wooler Hodec - maybe he could write a piece for our club magazine about
his time there? There are several RHD owners in the Club who I'm sure would
love to ask him questions too Smile

Good luck with the wedding and saving up for a car, theres always plenty of
events going on around the country, so feel free to come along and say "hi" and
have a look round the cars Big Grin
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
Guinney1971 Wrote:welcome to the DOC-UK mate - and REALLY interesting about your dad working for Wooler Hodec - maybe he could write a piece for our club magazine about his time there? There are several RHD owners in the Club who I'm sure would
love to ask him questions too Smile

Good luck with the wedding and saving up for a car, theres always plenty of events going on around the country, so feel free to come along and say "hi" and have a look round the cars Big Grin

Hey, thank you Smile
I could ask him? If needs be, I could write it as he tells me - he's not a massive fan of writing haha!
And the RHD owners are more than welcome to shoot me questions, and I'll relay them to him!

Thank you, I hope to get a D and Trans Am one day, so I'll have to save hard ha!
I'd love to come to one, once another comes along - I'll try and bring the old man too lol But yeah I'd love to have a look around - I never realised how good they sound with a decent exhaust!
Rissy Wrote:... P.S. Your's Midnight Black?

Midnight Black, Pirates Black...

reminds me of Rimmer repainting the Red Dwarf from Ocean Grey to Battleship Grey.

or was it the other way around........................
Dermot
ex-Dunmurryite
vin 2743
Quote:reminds me of Rimmer repainting the Red Dwarf from Ocean Grey to Battleship Grey.

One Rimmer had the scutters paint it one way, then the other Rimmer had them paint it back again :wink:

And yeah apparently the side "bump strips" or whatever you want to call them are an import option?! lol

And Rissy... breadvan...? harsh! :lol: When I finally get my Delorean THEN you can rip on the "rare" civic lol
Matt Goodliffe
Still dreaming the dream.
DOC 669
Honda Civic S

Delorean Savings Progress
██████████████████████████████████████████████████ 38%
Flex Wrote:
Quote:reminds me of Rimmer repainting the Red Dwarf from Ocean Grey to Battleship Grey.

One Rimmer had the scutters paint it one way, then the other Rimmer had them paint it back again :wink:

And yeah apparently the side "bump strips" or whatever you want to call them are an import option?! lol

And Rissy... breadvan...? harsh! :lol: When I finally get my Delorean THEN you can rip on the "rare" civic lol

AAaaah Flex. Just yanking your chain. Wondered if you'd read that above.

And just to put it straight, although its a common name for that shape of Civic, i didn't actually refer to ANY civic's as a Breadvan (this time)....if you read carefully. I merely replied. My dad has a breadvan incidentally. By that, i actually DO mean a breadvan.... ....actually, i don't. It's a Civic too. Tongue

Role on you getting proper import car parts (fully assembled already, in the shape of a D') :wink:
Rissy
(Forum Member 288)
(DOC Member 663)

May 1981 vin#1458 "LEX"
Grey, Flapped, Black

Main Car(s):
lol this is all news to me! Big Grin I call them breadvans anyway, it's just an easier way to describeto people what car you have lol
Flex, Yours is probably in much better condition than mine, mine's a shed!
hey! welcome to the club! Smile I'm still pretty new myself, but like you I've loved Ds since as long as I can remember. Have you started saving for one yet, or put anything in place to make the dream a reality? In which case, good luck!
Cheers,
Steve Tucker

VIN 5706, October 81, grey interior, auto, "AXI 81"
DOC 685
steve852 Wrote:hey! welcome to the club! Smile I'm still pretty new myself, but like you I've loved Ds since as long as I can remember. Have you started saving for one yet, or put anything in place to make the dream a reality? In which case, good luck!

Thank you, and Hey! Big Grin Unfortunately not saving for one just yet, no, I have to pay for my wedding next year, but after that I will be working on saving towards a D and an 82 Trans Am Big Grin Gotta have my two heroes! The only issue then would be where to put them, ha!