Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hi from Sheffield and can anyone help?
Hi people,
My name is Danny, I'm 24, from Sheffield and ever since I was born I've suffered with Arthritis. Due to my arthritis I use a wheelchair to help me get around but I've never let it get me down. Up until the age of about 15 I never used to leave the house but a Youth Centre heard about me and talked me into trying it. WelL I went and loved it and they helped me do things I'd only ever dream of like Skiing, Ice skating, Bowling and even abseiling.

Well now I'm older I have spent the past couple of years doing fundraising for the centre to help it just like its been helping me. I've done alsorts such as taking my wheelchair down York Dragstrip to see what time it could do the 1/4mile and raised about £300 (Click Here for full story). I also organised a radio control truck meet and oragnised raised about another £100.

Well I've had people tell me to stop thinking of others for a change and do some things for myself so I've decided to write myself a list of "Things I want To Do In Life". I've got things like "Ride in a Limo" "Go to Oktoberfest" & "Visit Auschwitz Consentration Camp". Click here for the full list but no laughing Tongue

I've ticked a few of the things off my list already like ride in a Ferrari which was organised by school when I left, Be on TV which I did a few years ago when I won an award for coping with my Arthritis and never complaining (I seriously dont as I cant see the point, not like someone can suddenly stop it is there)

One thing on there which I was hoping someone on here could help me with is "Ride in a Delorean" which I've wanted to do since I was a kid and I nearly had the chance as my stepdad organised it but then he and my mum split so it was cancelled Sad

I've heard there are a couple of Deloreans around Sheffield or at least one anyway.

If anyone would be interested in helping me tick it off my list that would be amazing.
Hi Danny.

Firstly welcome aboard. Big Grin
I used to live in Sheffield. I'm now living in Worksop so I'm still not far away. I'd be honoured to let you ride in my DeLorean. I'm free this Saturday, then I have the following Saturday or Sunday free. I'll be busy after that until the new year. If you're up for it let me know. :wink:
Paul Birks - DOC5 - Worksop
Birksie Wrote:Hi Danny.

Firstly welcome aboard. Big Grin
I used to live in Sheffield. I'm now living in Worksop so I'm still not far away. I'd be honoured to let you ride in my DeLorean. I'm free this Saturday, then I have the following Saturday or Sunday free. I'll be busy after that until the new year. If you're up for it let me know. :wink:
Well done that man

Chris
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
That would be amazing. What time on Saturday?
I'd say anytime after 1pm fella. I'll have to give her a good clean first.
Pick a time and I'll meet up with you. Wink
Thanks Smile

PM sent
well done Birksie, knew you could be relied upon Mr Green

get plenty of piccies!!
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
I'm so gutted Sad The snow has come so looks like my ride is going to be cancelled Sad
Don't worry dude. All is not lost. If the snow doesn't stop, we'll just arrange another day. You only live a few streets away from my mum who I see most weekends anyway.
I'll keep in touch with you fella.
thats a shame that snow stopped play, but better to be safe then sorry.

Hope you get your dream ride soon Smile
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie