Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello and first trip in new car.
Hi all, Just wanted to say that my first propper road trip in a DeLorean was after picking up vin#4772 after Martin Gutkowski, and other Martin (sorry forgot second name) had done lots of work to an import. I'm the proud first UK registered keeper of the car and on the 28th of October drove the 475miles or so from Hastings to Edinburgh without and mechanical worries whatsoever- well done and good work. The drive was very comfortable and the car ate up the miles. Definitely not the worst car/made car in the world as pointed out to me by the odd person i've mentioned my decision to buy one to!

I'm very pleased with the car (obviously always wanted one) and look forward to the joys and hopefully not too many trials of ownership. Will post pics and more stuff soon, had to get first message up, being a new member/owner.

Thanks to all who i've spoken to/ met in my search for a car for help and advice.

cheers Jonny Hickey
Hi Jonny.
I'm very pleased your happy with the car as alot of time and effort went into it,and I look forward to seeing it at Eurofest next year if you can make it. Big Grin
Cheers
Martyn Reed
D.O.C#491
EX Vin# 6064
Hey Jonny, welcome to the DOC-UK Big Grin

Great news about your car, sounds like you've got a really nice one there.

As well as next years Eurofest in Belfast, there is also the DOC-UK's 15th
Anniversary summer meet up next September in Derbyshire, and you are of
course very welcome to come along Smile
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
...Saw Martin's video of you driving off into the distance in your new car on YouTube Jonathan. Have to say I was a little gutted to discover I was no longer the only Edinburgh DMC owner, but still, welcome aboard, and maybe one day we can meet up with our cars for a play date. 8)

Would also be cool if you're taking your car to Belfast next year like me, so we could meet up for a double car convoy over there from what just very might be the prettiest city in the world.....good old Edin-burger. :lol:
(especially with two shiny DeLorean's inhabiting it!)
Rissy
(Forum Member 288)
(DOC Member 663)

May 1981 vin#1458 "LEX"
Grey, Flapped, Black
Chassis: #1073
Engine: #2839

Main Car(s):
2005 BMW M3 in Velvet Blue
2010 Honda Civic Type R in Sapphire Blue (1 of 115 made)
Hi Jonn, good to see you on the forum Big Grin

If you type "delorean 4772" into YouTube, there're 5 videos to enjoy showing the car at various stages.
Martin Gutkowski
DeLorean Cars
http://www.delorean.co.uk
Cheers for the replies,

Would love to see the other Delorean in Edinburgh, don't think i've seen it around- only seen two before looking for one.
I'm planning to go to Belfast in may and would enjoy being part of any convoy to the show- not booked anything yet, but i will. Yes, and thanks Martyn, sorry didn't get the chance to say hello when in Hastings.
Been working hard and weather is bad so car is garaged, but off tomorrow and will enjoy a good drive if it is dry- not that i'm scared of rain or taking the car out, done a good 650+ miles in the last week or so.

Jonny
we'll probably be going to Belfast via Stranraer if thats the crossing you guys
are doing - yes its a long drive, but my sea legs are non existent :lol:
jonnyh4772 Wrote:Cheers for the replies,

Would love to see the other Delorean in Edinburgh, don't think i've seen it around- only seen two before looking for one.
I'm planning to go to Belfast in may and would enjoy being part of any convoy to the show- not booked anything yet, but i will.

Clare (g/f), me, and LEX are booked into the Day's Hotel, in Belfast for 4 nights (Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday night - 26th - 30th May) It's just down the road (about 2-3mins walk) from the Europa Hotel, and it has secure parking facilities (unlike the Europa).

So...We're planning on travelling through the day on the Thursday. Not booked a ferry slot yet, but will be doing that before its too late, obviously.

Guinney1971 Wrote:we'll probably be going to Belfast via Stranraer if thats the crossing you guys are doing - yes its a long drive, but my sea legs are non existent :lol:

Stranraer doesn't sound/look too bad a location for the ferry crossing. A bit of a drive down to get there (any different for any other from Edinburgh? i doubt it honestly), but rather be driving than ferrying anyway. lol!

Not sure what companies/ferry's go from there, and Clare, me and LEX have not booked a crossing yet, so maybe if we put our heads together to organise the same crossing, then we can get a mini convoy on the go.
Rissy
(Forum Member 288)
(DOC Member 663)

May 1981 vin#1458 "LEX"
Grey, Flapped, Black
Chassis: #1073
Engine: #2839

Main Car(s):
2005 BMW M3 in Velvet Blue
2010 Honda Civic Type R in Sapphire Blue (1 of 115 made)
we always book the Stena Seacat Rissy - and interesting about the hotel you've
booked - how much it a night if you dont mind me asking?