Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DOC-UK Summer meet up 9-11 September 2011
lol Rich, I wouldnt get there that early, they dont take arrivals until 3pm, so I was thinking of heading up there
about 4-4.30pm, depending on what Mike and Mary are doing (they might call in here enroute for a cuppa).

I'll have to head back here about 6.30pm to get Kezia (and Phill) fed, plus Helen will be arriving at some point.

Weather forecast............. I think the jet stream has scuppered things for us (and the rest of the country) sadly,
but I'm sure we'll have fun anyway and make the most of it.

Thank you to everyone who is supporting this event, you've made it all seem worth the effort of organising.
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
well it was nice to see so many old friends at the hotel this afternoon, including
Brian O'Neil and his good lady wife in their BTTF car, Chris Parnham, Chris & Suzie
Williams and family, Tony and Alison Openshaw and family, John Chapelhow, Bob
Withers and Mike & Mary Hooper and very briefly Dan Willis (we'll have that pint
tomorrow Dan Smile )

David and Judith Adams arrived safely too with Zoe the guide dog (whos totally
gorgeous), and I'm sure he'll have some fascinating stories to tell us tomorrow
night about his time at DMC, including dealing with the receivers during the final
days.

Anyway, enough from me, there's a cold beer in the fridge with my name on it,
so I'll have that and see you all in the morning - and the weather forecast has
improved too, so hopefully we'll have a nice day Big Grin
Can I just say a huge thank you to every one who came along this weekend and
made it such a huge success and even the weather was kind to us especially on
Saturday which was a lovely warm and sunny day, in complete contrast to the
weather forcast earlier in the week.

Thanks to Paul Bardill for giving us a guided tour of the railway centre today and
to Laura and the team at Crich Tramway village for a cracking buffet lunch yesterday.

I have to say, Brian O'Neill surpassed himself in his 1885 Doc Brown outfit yesterday and
really did look the part - and also well done to Brian and his wife for making the effort to
drive over 200 miles to the event from the South Coast.

I must also give thanks to David and Judith Adams for their fascinating talk last night about
David's time at DMC as Director of Finance, his dealings with John DeLorean including at the
time of the infamous 'drugs bust' and also seeing some of the fascinating historical financial
documents that he's still got from his time there.

I hope you all had a good time and arrive back home safely.

Thanks again to everyone who made it such a memorable weekend Big Grin
What a fantastic weekend!

Thank you to everyone for welcoming me "back" to the club. It's certainly been a while since I was an active member and I feel well and truely DeLorean-ified. Now, much to my wife's chargrin, I'm talking constantly about my next car. So.. thanks for that too! Tongue

Claire, you did a wonderful job organising the weekend - inspiration for me to try doing the same down here near the coast (I have a ton of ideas!) and get more involved with the NEC meet too. I think you will have trouble getting rid of me now.

Here are a few pics and a short video:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/willisit/s ... 645151218/

For all those I got re-aquainted with; it was a pleasure talking to you all again (and meeting some new-to-me faces).

Also, thanks to ChrisP for the "tour" and letting me nose the right-hander. Andy - I'll be in touch tomorrow Wink

See you all soon, and look out for my annoying prattle about my search for a new car ! Big Grin
Dan
Member 101
VIN# 4566
Former Vins# 5641 (Maddie) and 5284 (Hana)

Dan Willis Wrote:What a fantastic weekend!

Dan, it was a pleasure to have you back at a DOC-UK meet up and to catch up abit.

I think I still owe you a pint tho.......... or was it the other way round? lol

Feel free to organise something 'daan saaf', we're up for owt, be it hotel, B&B or a
weekend camping - if you plan it, we will come Big Grin

Glad you enjoyed yourself, prob see ya at the NEC Smile
Excellent weekend, and had a great time.

Will get my door fixed for next time, honest!
Paul Bardill

1995 Peugeot 106 - N982 ATV
trainmad Wrote:Excellent weekend, and had a great time.

Will get my door fixed for next time, honest!

lol, thanks for all your help with today Paul, your tour of the MRC was really interesting
and informative.

As for your door, I thought the 'calibrated concrete' worked rather well! lol :lol:
Quote:Can I just say a huge thank you to every one who came along this weekend and
made it such a huge success and even the weather was kind to us especially on
Saturday which was a lovely warm and sunny day, in complete contrast to the
weather forcast earlier in the week.

Thanks to Paul Bardill for giving us a guided tour of the railway centre today and
to Laura and the team at Crich Tramway village for a cracking buffet lunch yesterday.

I have to say, Brian O'Neill surpassed himself in his 1885 Doc Brown outfit yesterday and
really did look the part - and also well done to Brian and his wife for making the effort to
drive over 200 miles to the event from the South Coast.

I must also give thanks to David and Judith Adams for their fascinating talk last night about
David's time at DMC as Director of Finance, his dealings with John DeLorean including at the
time of the infamous 'drugs bust' and also seeing some of the fascinating historical financial
documents that he's still got from his time there.
Cant add much to the above other than to thank Claire for sorting out this weekend, great locations, great hotel and great company what more can one ask for? I will get some pictures posted over the next day or so when I get a bit of time to go through them.
Chris
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
Hi Everyone.
Jen and I thoroughly enjoyed the weekend. Thanks Claire for organising the whole event. You did a great job. Had some laughs along the way and when the Time machine refused to start the cavalry were on hand to sort it out. Thanks cavalry, you know who you are. There were lots of highlights for me and you all made it a memorable weekend for both of us. Good times !
Thank you to Chris, Dan, Paul and Brian for the kind words.

Its hard to think that myself and Mary first started working on this around 15mths ago and
that its all over.

Anyway, I think a good plan for 2012 could be a selection of informal 'weekend meets' in various
locations, mebbe a weekend in Dorset Dan? We dont have to go for a 'formal' hotel, I'm quite
happy camping or staying in a Premier Inn, at the end of the day its spending fun times with
good company that matters. Maybe we could also do a weekend break in North Yorkshire (so
that Tony Openshaw and his family dont have to travel so far), and I think Andy and Binny are
planning a weekend break in Shropshire for us.

Anway, thanks again to everyone who came along, the event would have been nothing without
you all Mr Green
Count me in for anything in the future!
Paul Bardill

1995 Peugeot 106 - N982 ATV
What a superb weekend!

Thanks to everybody for making the trip, especially those who travelled such a long distance, it was really great to meet up with everyone again.

Even though the venues are on my doorstep, I’ve never been to the Tramway Museum before and the free lunch they laid on was an unexpected bonus.

Thanks must go to Claire for taking the time and effort to organise everything, it really is appreciated.

The talk by David Adams was truly fascinating and I'll certainly be modifying my 'why the company went under' spiel to take account of it.

Glad we could help Brian, I can now add ‘Time Machine Repairs’ to my CV! Big Grin

Trams, Trains, Tardis, Time Machine and Tenant lookalikes.................. a really fun weekend. I look forward to the next one!! Mr Green
Richard H. DOC 365 VIN 1274
http://www.deloreans.co.uk
In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are not.
Wow what a weekend!!!!

After severe road rage on the journey down, the weekend just got better and better. We had a great time, and the kids can't wait for next year (SORRY JOHN!!!!!!!)

A special thank you to Claire for a wonderfully organised event.

See you all at the next one if not before.

The Openshaws Big Grin
DOC 377
Tony, feel free to organise summat up your neck of the woods if you want,
at least it will save you and the family such a long drive. Smile

Doesnt have to be a full on weekend, a few rides out and crashing out in a
Premier Inn is perfectly ok, at the end of the day its all about getting together
and having a good time in good company Big Grin

Thanks again everyone for the positive feedback - and at least the weather defied
the doom and gloom merchants at the met office Smile

I even had a message from Giles and Harry Wooliams tonight, so that was nice Smile
I'm happy to organise something down here for the new year - (I think most cars will be taking a sleep soon) - and Dorset is good if we go "open air".

I'll have a root around and come back and post up when I find something good!
Dan
Member 101
VIN# 4566
Former Vins# 5641 (Maddie) and 5284 (Hana)