Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DOC-UK Summer meet up 9-11 September 2011
We've booked and looking forward to meeting up with 'old' Delorean friends. We are also most interested in the guest speaker and finding out a little bit more about the goings on at DMC.
Damn, I would be so up for this, but I'm due to go to Japanese Auto Extravaganza that weekend, which would mean going up to Derbyshire, and then back down to Kettering which would be a bit of a mission Sad Dammit I need to come to a meet soon!
73.8miles, 1hr 17 mins...!

'Jus sayin'!!!
Richard Hanlon
Derbyshire
DOC 393

1981 DMC-12 VIN 06126
Rich Hanlon Wrote:73.8miles, 1hr 17 mins...!

'Jus sayin'!!!

Tsk tsk, don't tempt me Wink
It's not the drive between Derbyshire and Kettering that will kill me, it's the 2h 50 min drive I would have to make from home to Kettering before I even consider the 1h 17 mins drive to the meet Wink
Plus I'd only be in a poncy Micra Convertible, who'd wanna see that at a Delorean meet Tongue
lol Rich.

It would have been great to have you and your Dad at the event catfishky, a talk
on the Wooler Hodec cars would have been a great addition to the guest speaker
we already have booked in Smile They've got a massive car park, and lots of non-De
owners go to events in their own cars, you'll be fine!! Sure you cant reconsider? :wink:

Anyway! I've been chatting to the BBC, and they are organising a film crew, they will
probably be at the hotel on the Friday to do something for that evenings news bulletin.

Kylie Pentelow (the presenter http://www.kyliepentelow.com/) will probably want a spin
in a car - something I cant do due to having Kezia with me (and her car seat fitted in my car),
so is anyone up for volunteering their passenger seat on the Friday afternoon?

Its possible they may well also do some filming over the weekend, but she did say that
sometimes its more difficult to do filming at weekends.
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
Hi all,

I've just booked for the 9th/10th!

I might as well be new - it's been 10 years since I've been really active. So if you see me and know me - please drag me along! Big Grin
Dan
Member 101
VIN# 4566
Former Vins# 5641 (Maddie) and 5284 (Hana)

Hey Dan

It's been years and years and years and.... since we last met.

Glad you can make it, though to be honest I don't know if I'd recognise your face now!!! :lol:
Richard H. DOC 365 VIN 1274
http://www.deloreans.co.uk
In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are not.
Same to you I'm afraid. I'll get some re-introductions done I think from the ones I can remember (like Claire or Chris!).

I'm really looking forward to getting back in to things, and obviously, buying another DeLorean! (I have plans.. Tongue)
Dan
Member 101
VIN# 4566

Unfortunately as my dad wouldn't be coming to JAE with me (I don't think I could cope the whole weekend with him lol) he wouldn't be able to come to the meet Sad
I'm afraid this one I will have to miss out on, but if there's another one further south, I should hopefully be in for that!
catfishcky Wrote:Unfortunately as my dad wouldn't be coming to JAE with me (I don't think I could cope the whole weekend with him lol) he wouldn't be able to come to the meet Sad
I'm afraid this one I will have to miss out on, but if there's another one further south, I should hopefully be in for that!

not to worry, keep an eye on the events pages, and if theres one near you come along!

Also, if you see an event local to you advertised, feel free to post it in the events section
and if there's anyone about I'm sure they'd love to come along and meet you Smile
RichH Wrote:Hey Dan

It's been years and years and years and.... since we last met.

Glad you can make it, though to be honest I don't know if I'd recognise your face now!!! :lol:

here's an action shot of Dan in Feb 2003 when he owned 'Hana' - I think you first met him when you drove Flopsy
to the Isle of Wight for me in September 2003 Wink

[Image: DantheBudda.jpg]

Dan, found this picture of your old Porsche and Nigel Mills' Lambo outside your house before we went to the IOW
too (got some other photos of your Porsche too if you want copies emailing over Smile )

[Image: Someothercarsthatjoinedus.jpg]
Hah, yeah I remember that (and I think I have some of those pics on my Flickr page).

I'd love any pics of the Porsche - she's gone (written off) but certainly not forgotten. Sad
Dan
Member 101
VIN# 4566

no probs Dan, pm me your email address and I'll send them over to you later on Smile

I think I remember pics of the remains of the Porsche, not pretty..... Cry
Guinney1971 Wrote:not to worry, keep an eye on the events pages, and if theres one near you come along!
Also, if you see an event local to you advertised, feel free to post it in the events section
and if there's anyone about I'm sure they'd love to come along and meet you Smile

Will do!
There's Wilton House Supercar Sunday on August 14th - that might be an option to all meet up then if anyoone can get to it? We could even cheat and print out giant Pistonheads logos on A4 so that we could park in the Pistonheads car park? Big Grin
catfishcky Wrote:
Guinney1971 Wrote:not to worry, keep an eye on the events pages, and if theres one near you come along!

Will do!
There's Wilton House Supercar Sunday on August 14th - that might be an option to all meet up then if anyoone can get to it? We could even cheat and print out giant Pistonheads logos on A4 so that we could park in the Pistonheads car park? Big Grin

Lol, I'm on Pistonheads anyway, you'll normally find me lurking on the Midlands section
in the Regional PHers part of the forum.

Where's Wilton House? If we're free, we could try and come along if its not too far from here.