Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Idle mixture adjustment
Had to adjust my idle mixture as the car was ticking over roughly, and rembered that at the Tatton Park show Phil said that a 3mm Allen key would fit the adjustment screw in the injection unit, so going by the Volvo manual I had to give 3/4 of a turn clockwise to bring it back to a really decent tickover, and readjusted the throttle screws to give a happy 850 rpm idle. Didnt have a co analyser to hand so will have to check the emissions shortly, big difference on fuel consumption, more mpg! The Volvo manual says adjustment is done with an instrument screwdriver, I tried this but on close inspection the screwdriver just spins inside the allen key giving no effect on the mixture at all. Try adjusting the mixture yourself if performance is down, but make sure all the ignition system and fuel supply etc are in good order. 8)
#10556 'Ol Stainless' running surprisingly well,Audi A5 2.0T Quattro smug as usual,Wenault Slaguna stationary for the mo',the R.V.Enterprise clocking the U.K.miles up,new fleet addition-Jessica the Daewoo Matiz,silly but 55mpg....!
3/4 Turn Clockwise Shock I would check your CO levels - that's a serious amount of richening!
Richard H. DOC 365 VIN 1274
http://www.deloreans.co.uk
In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are not.
bjbrownie Wrote:The Volvo manual says adjustment is done with an instrument screwdriver, I tried this but on close inspection the screwdriver just spins inside the allen key...

Some volvo metering heads have a machine screw covering the mixture adjustment alan bolt, perhaps that's what they were showing in the picture.

My metering head has a screw as opposed to the rubber bung thing.

J
www.classicdelorean.com
Colchester - Essex - UK
Just had the local garage check tht co before the mot, still well within limits- bear in mind I havnt adjusted the setting since I bought the car 8 years ago! (thought I had with 'an instrument screwdriver' but obviously all I was doing was spiinning the driver on top of theadjuster screw with no effect. 8)
#10556 'Ol Stainless' running surprisingly well,Audi A5 2.0T Quattro smug as usual,Wenault Slaguna stationary for the mo',the R.V.Enterprise clocking the U.K.miles up,new fleet addition-Jessica the Daewoo Matiz,silly but 55mpg....!