Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The First & the Last
From the DMC Florida website,

DeLorean Motor Company Florida
Ladies & Gentlemen,

It is my pleasure to announce that DMC Florida has re-acquired the first DeLorean ever made; Prototype # 1 as well as the Final DeLorean built at the factory VIN # 20104.
When I sold Proto 1 in 2007 it was to be placed in a museum being built in Texas by Attorney John O’Quinn for public display. Arou...nd the same time the Final DeLorean built at the Factory VIN 20104 was sold by DMC Texas to Attorney John Houghtaling. The two men worked together in the past but one did not know of the others Special DeLorean. John O’Quinn was tragically killed in a car accident in 2009, subsequently plans for the museum were scrapped and the 800 + cars in his collection were to be sold.
After hearing the news, I called John Houghtaling and informed him about the Prototype and my desire to get it back. Thanks to his help the Prototype was secured from the estate and after much thought we decided to purchase the Final car back from John as well. As to the future of the two cars and how long we will keep them, that has not yet been decided. When the time comes to part with them we will offer them first to key people in the DeLorean community hoping they will be brought out and shared for years to come

[Image: ThefirstLast.jpg]
DOC 116
VIN 6237
Very interesting, nice wheels on proto 1 as well.

Chris
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
great to see 2 such historic cars together like that.

If the right 6 numbers came up.......... :wink:
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
Interesting, DMC Florida is about a 3hr drive from where I am right now.
Saw a D' out driving in Orlando a couple of evening's ago. Took a couple of pics on my phone.
Had a brief chat with the driver at a stop light.
I hope his air-con is working as it's 90F + here during the day!

Regards
Nick H (temporary Chevy Suburban Driver)
DOC 650
Jaguar X-Type
Range Rover Sport SDV6 "Rufus" (Mrs H's motor)
DeLorean DMC 12 Vin#2862

My other hobby...
http://www.lccuk.org.uk/