Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Back to the future
Theres one in Leicester that wants a De, im trying to work things out, there possibly offering a free private screening for a group if i can get it all sorted
DOC 527
Vin #10264
Cool, count me in if you need numbers Mike!
Matt Goodliffe
Still dreaming the dream.
DOC 669
Honda Civic S

Delorean Savings Progress
██████████████████████████████████████████████████ 38%
Took the eldest lad to see BTTF last night. Took the D' for a spin despite the heavy rain.
Not a huge number of people at the showing but we had a great time.

Film looked super on the big screen. I missed out first time around. I saw
it on Video for the first time at a end of term treat at school in '86.
The teachers went to the local video shop and rented it and then showed it to our year. I am not sure you could get away with that anymore :lol: .

Regards
Nick H
DOC 650
Jaguar X-Type
Range Rover Sport SDV6 "Rufus" (Mrs H's motor)
DeLorean DMC 12 Vin#2862

My other hobby...
http://www.lccuk.org.uk/
Went to see it last night. First time I've been to the cinema in over 2 years!
Few current films really seem worth the ridiculous price of cinema these days. But I couldn't pass on BTTF.
Was great to see it on the big screen for the first time. It just makes me more impatient to see it in HD now!
Matt Goodliffe
Still dreaming the dream.
DOC 669
Honda Civic S

Delorean Savings Progress
██████████████████████████████████████████████████ 38%
I went to Cineworld in Haverhill and took the DeLorean along,we managed to blag free entrance to the film for me and Jane and we got complimentary popcorn and drinks.

It was nice to see it on the big screen, it was a fairly poor turn out at the cinema, but the whole place seemed very quiet so I don't think it was just BTTF.

J
www.classicdelorean.com
Colchester - Essex - UK
Free USB stick with SAE [see terms & conditions] or for a tenner lots more goodies, Outatime keyring! Woot :lol:

http://www.mediapromos.co.uk/backtothefuture/

[Image: 2uiacr8.jpg]
[Image: 2e1gmzc.jpg]
Thanks a lot euro-spec, didn't have a clue about this, I hope the same promotion is on in R.O.I.

I saw BTTF last night in Gorey, Ireland. Not many at this little county cinema but I really enjoyed the movie! I didn't bring my D because three of us were going to see it!
David Hamblyn
Vin# 16339
Hi all....

Last Friday I took the day off work, and all day it virtually lashed it down in Herefordshire....

As 5pm approached, it was inevitable that my car was gonna get wet at some stage.

But as I drove into Monmouthshire, it cleared up no end, and even the roads were dry and clear, that being important as I didn't wanna get held up in Ryder cup traffic.

Collected the D from my lockup about half 5, and set off on my 12 mile trip to Newport Cineworld.

When I got there, I quickly sussed out the layout, and I was adamant I was gonna get the car indoors in the foyer. After moving half a dozen wooden pallets, and going round the back on the grass and in through the rear fire exit, I got it in. With a few assistants watching the corners, managed to get it round the 90 degree corner, then shut it off and pushed it through the walkway into the foyer.

Set about giving it a good clean. got new batteries in the flux, and it wasn't long before the photographer arrived with bags of kit to take his pictures which will possibly end up in cineworld ads throughout the uk.

Got plenty of interest all evening, and everything we wanted in the line of food and drink was free. We took full advantage of this! And we also got 6 open tickets to use anytime. I decided it was best stay with the car that night, and went to watch the film the following evening.

Mind you, how I managed to get the car away undamaged was a mystery to me. Some dosile girl thought it would be a good idea to pull on the flexible rope off area which brought one of the posts tumbling down onto the front of the car, fortunately not on the metal, but the fascia. And then at the end of the night, getting the car back round that 90 degree turn in the opposite direction, and in the dark proved almost impossible without damage...... but we made it.

Then, still dry outside, decided to go for a midnight jaunt, covering about 50 miles. There's something cosy about driving the DMC 12 in the dark, though I don't know why!

I've only got one picture, and i'm afraid it isnt very good due to the light, but here it is all the same.

[Image: 7097448.jpg]

Hope everyone else enjoyed the film......

Ben
Glad to hear nothing got bent or damaged, more importantly you had a good time!

Chris
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
More better quality images as promised......

[Image: file.php?id=2078]
[Image: file.php?id=2080]
[Image: file.php?id=2081]

Thanks for looking!
Looks very shiny under those lights,

Chris
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
Hey Chris..... It's not the lights.....

It's like that all the time....

Ask Stu Rees!

Stuart Rees Wrote:Gotta say the car looks stunning, that silicone stuff really makes the stainless shine!
Take care,
Stu
agreed Ben, you're car could be covered in manure and still look the poodles privates!! :lol:
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
Guinney1971 Wrote:agreed Ben, you're car could be covered in manure and still look the poodles privates!! :lol:

PMSL!!!! What a saying!

See you sunday Claire if you're still there manning the stand!!!!

xx
Looking good Ben. There's been some elbow grease gone it to that!
Paul Birks - DOC5 - Worksop