Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Windscreen (early type)
Rissy Wrote:It was really nice to see pics with the windscreen surrounds removed. I need to have a "bash" at doing this in September with LEX so that i can see if i can find where the rain is migrating into the cabin, and straight down onto my driver's side sunvisor (this is why its totally ruined!) and right down on to my knee! I had to drive from Chirk up to East Kilbride (Clare's house) in June, with a towel on my lap! Is it easy? I'm being told it is, but still need to find all the screws to get the surrounds off. Anyone have pics of the locations?

Hmm - that's definitely a new one! Lex never leaked at all when I had her. In fact some may remember the torrential downpour on the way back from Gaydon one year when I was running almost bald rear tyres.... never leaked a drop then.

The screws are under the glued-on outer door seals, in your case the silicone ones. You shoudl be able to feel them through the seal. I would probably have a go at cutting out the seal around each screw so the surround will come off without damaging the seal. They're really tough, but can tear if you have to peel them off.

On the bright side, Lex is early enough that the A pillar trims come out without taking the w/s off, which means you can run a bead of silicone around the inside, if it is indeed the screen that's leaking.
Martin Gutkowski
DeLorean Cars
http://www.delorean.co.uk
I've not been on the forum for a while and only just stumbled across this thread...over a year later! A belated thanks for the kind words Rich :wink:

This is the first one of these screens I've actually seen fitted to a D since doing the work with Uroglass back in 2008.

How are you getting on with it Claire? And have you connected up the antenna?
1982 DeLorean VIN 12173 (a.k.a VIN 601)
1989 Alpine GTA V6 Turbo
Hiya Phil,

nice to see you back Wink

The screen is fine, not connected up the antenna, as I still use the electric one in the back pontoon, but it 'looks right' for the vin range of the car.
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
17152 had a new Uroglas screen fitted about a year ago, fingers crossed its been great. Can't say anything about the antenna as I've not used it instead I've stuck with the automatic one hidden away in the rear quarterpanel.
VIN 17152 - The Manx 'D'