Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My PM to Mike H ref DOC UK
MikeH Wrote:Hey,

Hows things going? Just wondering if your coming along to the chirk event or not? Would be good to catch up if you are.

Mike

Hey Mr H!

I went along to norfolk last weekend but didn't take the car. I never really sorted anything for Chirk as I left it too late, but hope you have a good time all the same. There have been a lot of changes in the club over the past years, some of them not alltogether for the better if i'm honest... I think the DeLorean is far too rare in the UK to warrant 2 seperate clubs, and lets be fair it seems like a rivalry which I don't really want to get involved with. I think if it aint broke, why fix it? What exactly went on last year, and after Bozzy stepped down from being secretary I don't really know....

I think a lot of it was to do with where the yearly main event was held etc, amongst other things. With the new club, there also seems to be a lot of favoritism towards certain "Groups" of owners which again is taking the spotlight off the enjoyment of owning a car.

Hope I'm not stirring up a can of worms here, all the "Directors" of the new club I have a pretty good relationship with.

What i'm trying to say is i'm staying neutral, I get on with everybody, I just can't understand why the DOC seems to have been abandoned....

If owners can afford to buy a car in the first place, surely £25 a year isnt much to ask for club benefits. I certainly won't end my membership at any time....

Maybe I'm wittering on to the wrong person here, but you and me alike - I knew of you when I first bought my car, and watched as you got closer to getting yours...... But its like a morgue on here nowdays, and the spotlight seems to be on the DCUK....... What can we do to bring it back?

Hope chirk is good, and i'm still proud to be in the DOC as well as DCUK

Ben

PS i'm going to open a topic in our forum with this mail on show to see if anybody has any thoughts on the future of DeLorean ownership.......

Thanks my friends.....

Benjamin Lee
Hi Ben
I guess I should start by answering this one, though not sure what kind of reply is wanted.
Quote:I went along to norfolk last weekend but didn't take the car. I never really sorted anything for Chirk as I left it too late, but hope you have a good time all the same. There have been a lot of changes in the club over the past years, some of them not alltogether for the better if i'm honest... I think the DeLorean is far too rare in the UK to warrant 2 seperate clubs, and lets be fair it seems like a rivalry which I don't really want to get involved with. I think if it aint broke, why fix it? What exactly went on last year, and after Bozzy stepped down from being secretary I don't really know....
Yes thanks we had a great time, shame you could not make it, it would have been good to catch up again. I would not dispute the two clubs thing, however unless things have changed the Eurotec club was a forum for uniting European clubs events. Bozzy stepped down (according to the AGM because of family pressure and not having the time to run the club)

Quote:I think a lot of it was to do with where the yearly main event was held etc, amongst other things. With the new club, there also seems to be a lot of favoritism towards certain "Groups" of owners which again is taking the spotlight off the enjoyment of owning a car.

Hope I'm not stirring up a can of worms here, all the "Directors" of the new club I have a pretty good relationship with.

What i'm trying to say is i'm staying neutral, I get on with everybody, I just can't understand why the DOC seems to have been abandoned....

Would not dispute your first comment, we (the DOC) simply wanted to move our yearly event around the country (as requested by the clubs members) for the benefit of members that did not live near Norfolk (as I do) Simply to be fair on everyone. This was no reflection on Caley Hall and the Eurotec event that was initiated by the DOC, some 4 years or so back.

The club has certinally not been abandoned by the majority of it's members. Infact I would say the opposite judging by membership levels. Please dont base what happens on the forum as a reflection of the club, as only less than 40% of the membership have ever been forum registered

Quote:If owners can afford to buy a car in the first place, surely £25 a year isnt much to ask for club benefits. I certainly won't end my membership at any time....

Maybe I'm wittering on to the wrong person here, but you and me alike - I knew of you when I first bought my car, and watched as you got closer to getting yours...... But its like a morgue on here nowdays, and the spotlight seems to be on the DCUK....... What can we do to bring it back?

Hope chirk is good, and i'm still proud to be in the DOC as well as DCUK

I'm pleased that you will continue with your membership, and hope that you like the improvements that are happening to the DOC i.e: the new website, club shop Etc. Just because people may not post that often does not mean that it is quiet Big Grin

Hope that answers your questions Ben

Chris
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
Hi Ben, How are you? Its been a while.
Shame you couldn't make it to the DOC event, it would have been great catching up with you.
Going by the attendance over the weekend, it looks like the club has a lot of support from its members and is as strong as its ever been.
The DOC UK is much more than just a forum and I know I'm too busy to be on here every week to post something or other.
Are you doing any shows with the car this year? there's a few more mini meet ups on the calendar over the summer and of course the NEC show.
I have been trying to attend the Norfolk event over the years, without success, but since there has been some mud slinging from certain administrators of the eurotech forum towards the DOC, I haven't been fussed to go anymore.
The DOC has supported my enthusiasm for the car for nearly 15 years (yep, I first joined in 1995) & I'll continue to support the DOC well into the future... Big Grin
Stu
DOC 116
VIN 6237
Hey Stu.

Good to catch you! Yes it has been a long time.

I have been in contact with the "Mike" close to me and eggingin on to get his frame changed... he showed me pictures of his car and it looks a nice example.

Can't really visualise any of the Eurotec forum admins slinging the mud so to speak, but you being an area rep probably hear more than I do.

I'll kee an eye on the upcoming meets and maybe we'll catch up - i'm booked into Gnoll park so if you are going there we will catch up ten if not before?

Also thanks Chris for the comprehensive reply...... and the speedy dispatch of them DOC flyers!

Ben
Hiya Ben,

nice to hear from you again, glad you are doing ok.

Keep us posted on any events in Wales and the border region, as we're always keen on meet ups in different parts of the country. Dont mind weekend ones either, as we've got a decent tent now Smile

Any changes to BLM2Y this year? Mind you, yours is such a nice car, does it need anything doing to it? lol :wink: :wink:

Anyway, hope all is well with you, look forward to catching up with you soon.

Cheers,
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
Thanks Claire, yes i'm sure we'll catch up later in the year... No changes to the car, just te addition of props from the film, ie hoverboard, grays sports almanac etc....... Good fun though. Hope your littleun is doing ok!

Good to hear from you!

Mr P

xx
As someone who's found issue with the actions on both sides of the fence (and they with me :wink: ), I would say only that I wish decisions in both camps were made based on what is in the best interest of DeLorean owners in the UK - not in the egos of those in charge.

I have heard repeatedly from customers that it's simply too small a community to have two clubs, and that the sniping and game playing lets everyone down.

The original fight over the Eurotec event seems to have been one colossal misunderstanding where hot heads rather than facts prevailed. Huge conflicts often start over a very trivial misunderstanding, but hey ho...
Martin Gutkowski
DeLorean Cars
http://www.delorean.co.uk
stunned_monkey Wrote:I have heard repeatedly from customers that it's simply too small a community to have two clubs, and that the sniping and game playing lets everyone down.

Exactly what I said in my PM to MikeH.....

Only few will actually express their thoughts like yourself Martin which is a shame, especially in some long term owners/DOC members.

As stated before, I don't wish to take sides but I definately feel an atmosphere between communities......

Ben