Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New site and forum
Yep. The sticker shown isn't going to be the final design. Its one of a few ideas I have drawn up which I keep tinkering with.
I'll post the final design once its ready.

The new logo
-------------

I'm trying to make the logo look as much like the faded envelope image as possible, yet at the same time make it look a little more realistic colour wise.

It must also be easily converted to 'Mono' for screen printing, 4-5 colour for cheap colour printing or embroidering purposes.

The full colour design can then be used on the website or in special printing jobs.

I'm quite happy with it so far, but I agree, the 'blackening' of the logo needs a little extra something.

Im not going to change the site graphics unless we agree that a newer updated version looks better. The committee will decide this anyway.

The DOC lettering is actually the Rustproof Font turned into a vector, outlined, filled, lighting effects and shadows added. And yes, they are a little square in the middle aren't they? But I don't think it matters a great deal. It still looks like what it's meant to be, and I'm sure most people wont have even noticed. I didn't! lol :roll:
Paul Birks - DOC5 - Worksop
OK. Actually I meant the blacked bits looked alright. But anyways its up to you. Who makes up the committee who decides on it all?
The committee are all the elected club officials. The club President, Secretary, Historian, Editor, Regalia Secretary, Treasurer etc...
I think Paul has put up a vote so, forum users can decide on the design of the next sticker rather than just the DOC sorting it out.
Chris
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
Yes thats true for the sticker Chris. I was commenting on the design of the actual logo.

Ahh did not read it right, though if I remember correctly either in one of the recent club mags and/or on the forum there was a posting/article regarding new stickers and if any one wished to design a logo or new one. Thats really what I was thinking about Big Grin
Chris
(not that I think there is any thing wrong with the one you came up with Paul) Big Grin
Birksie Wrote:Ahh did not read it right, though if I remember correctly either in one of the recent club mags and/or on the forum there was a posting/article regarding new stickers and if any one wished to design a logo or new one. Thats really what I was thinking about Big Grin

Never spotted it in the mag.

Something I've often thought is that there are actually a lot of diverse items on the forum that could be features as tidbits in the mag - the forums are probably the best place to find current discussion and topics - but it doesn't necessarily find its way to all members! just a thought
Yeah. There's lots of info that could be used in the mag which could be taken from the forum. I was also tinkering with the idea of a blog for a while, which is actually up and running but not accesable to anyone yet as im not sure its a good idea now. It would require a fair amount of time to administer, and also take new articles away that could be published in the club mag.
I for one wouldn't have the time to administer a blog anyway, I have my hands full already, and I'll have even less time once I start at college.
We would probably have a new opening for a 'blog editor' if we decided to go ahead with this. But I've not raised this as a serious issue yet.