Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New site and forum
Just checked out the site, and I must say the lighter colour background on the main site definately helps.
VIN# 04708, Grey interior, 5 speed, October 1981
DOC 649
ex DOC 562
Looks really good!!! Well done to all involved!
Very nice redesign of the site, so well done to everyone involved, although I have to agree with Mike - the main body text of the site is too small (on some pages) to read comfortably.

Several pages have different sized fonts - compare the "Right Hand Drive & Euro Spec" page with the "Club History" page. The former uses a larger 14px font, while the latter uses 12px. I can read the RHD article easily, but the Club History one is a strain.

Minor problems though - nothing that can't be sorted out in a few moments!
Simon Brewer,
DOC Member #517
VIN #4748
love it big time great job AAAA+++++++
Thanks for that Simon. I hadn't even realised myself.
Now updated. Cheers Wink

This article will, along with a few other be tidied up in due course.

Many thanks.
Paul Birks - DOC5 - Worksop
the forum text colour on the posts is abit brighter and clearer now, see if that helps
DOC 527
Vin #10264
Yes, I think it's a bit clearer now, especially now the buttons have a bit of colour to them. It's all a learing curve though! but well done guys

Chris
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
first time I've logged on in a week, have to say the website is fantastic, although the darker
forum is taking a bit of getting used to lol :lol:

Great work everyone, and I know how much Birksie has put into getting the new site done, so
all credit to him for his hard work and burning of the midnight oil - and well done to Catherine for
being patient!! Big Grin
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
Thanks Claire.
Yeah, Catherine has been extremely patient. Me and computers have been a sore subject on occasions.
Saying 'I need to get this done, I'm on a roll' didn't cut it for very long. lol Big Grin
Just a suggestion or two.

Further to some of the comments here, just perhaps reconsider the font of the writing(?) Look at most modern websites- look at, even, the font on your web address bar and computer tabs, this forum, Google. The cleanest, clearest modern websites use a sans serif, or arial type font, I believe. Scout around other DeLorean sites for (keeping on topic) examples of very simple but very effective design choices - http://entermyworld.com/ , http://www.delorean.co.uk/ , http://deloreanowners.org/ - note that also the number of different fonts is minimised to only really one or two, and the style is very up-to-date and consistent. (I have noticed the site map at the bottom of the the DOC web page is a bit small on a high res screen, fyi, slightly different issue). If it were me, I would be thinking about the image and style of the car and how I wanted to convey that to an audience.

I had a few other thoughts generally, but later. certainly you know much more about actually building a web site than I, and things are always in flux (ha) - just casting a humble design eye over things and offering opinion, well-meant! Keep it up, hope the course is going well.

Best regards,
D.
Whether praise or critisism, it's all good. I'd rather people speak up and say what they think rather than keep quiet about something that is potentially very important.
You make a very good point. I will definately add this to my 'to do' list. It also needs to be laid out neater in my opinion, and have a more constant theme flow, which im currently working on.
If you want to add more opinions, by all means do so. Don't hold back. Thats what the forum is for! Wink

The course is coming on fine. I've actually learnt more by finding out questions I want answering off the net, but im sure the real cool stuff I don't have knowledge on will be later in the course...I hope!

Cheers fella,
Paul.
Can I just add. I'm wanting some really high quality images of your DeLoreans for the wallpaper downloads page. I don't want my car to be the only one in there! :roll:
If anyone has photos they would like to donate, please email them to me at 'webmaster at deloreans . co . uk'. At the very least 2MP in size folks.
Thanks.
Paul, you can use some of those hi res ones that I sent you if you want,
like the Neon Neon and Retro Cars Mag pics.
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
Okay Claire cheers. Almost forgot about that lot! Shock Big Grin
Birksie Wrote:Whether praise or critisism, it's all good. I'd rather people speak up and say what they think rather than keep quiet about something that is potentially very important.
You make a very good point. I will definately add this to my 'to do' list. It also needs to be laid out neater in my opinion, and have a more constant theme flow, which im currently working on.
If you want to add more opinions, by all means do so. Don't hold back. Thats what the forum is for! Wink

The course is coming on fine. I've actually learnt more by finding out questions I want answering off the net, but im sure the real cool stuff I don't have knowledge on will be later in the course...I hope!

Cheers fella,
Paul.

No problem. All I'd say generally is, from the point of view as a learner also myself with web sites, look around at modern website trends and take ideas, especially on the subtle things.

Just on pernickety details then, I am wondering how the DOC lettering was drawn, as I wondered if you had considered rounding off the cutouts (more like the original badge)? Something and nothing really. I also note that on the sticker-version of the logo you have revived fromt the 1981 envelopes (interesting bit of history) that you have blacked in details of the design that aren't quite 'accurate' (if one is being really fussy, like the seat and lower spoiler). This in my opinion looks better - do you plan on adjusting the others on the site (including the entrance page?) Again, possibly something and nothing. Just pointing it out.

If you want any help producing any graphic element/image feel free to ask, photoshop/etc.

Best regards,
D