Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New lease of life
Hello all.... it's been a long time since i posted an article on here, in fact i've almost forgotten what most of you look like....

Must say that i've been neglecting the old DMC ownership status lately, and seeing as they are scarce in these parts, i need a good shake....

I'm going to attemp to do a car show this easter monday, and hopefully without epic...

Although I am a bit sceptical, as I have not used the car since the beginning of december last year, despite it being on the road... what a waste of money!

Anyway, after my trouble free journey early december, i went to the garage the beginning of feb and started the car, which wasn't a problem... but not taking it for a proper run took its toll, as 2 weeks later it was flat... So i've given the battery a good bench charge, so hopefully i will bolt it on tomorrow and she'll fire up without issues.... i need 100% backup and luck on this one, and i do solemnly swear i'll use it more this year.... 4000 1st year, 1000 second year, 500 miles last year........Sad

If i get issues, i know i've only got myself to blame...

Hope everyone's car is fit for the summer, and hopefully i'll get to catch up with some of you in one of the UK's glorious sunny days! Ahem.... lol

Hope everyone on the forum is well..... Smile

Mr P
xx
ayup Ben, nice to hear from you again!

Are you coming to Chirk in June? Thats not too far from you being on the Welsh/English
border area Smile

Hope all is well with you, I'm sure BLM2Y will perform faultlessly on Monday. Hope you have a
nice day out - the weather's looking quite promising up here, hope its the same for you.

Chat soon Smile
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
Hey Ben, long time no speak.

I'm sure it'll be just fine.

Don't forget to check tyre pressures, windscreen wipers, washer bottle, coolant and oil level.

It's the obvious stuff that can get easily forgotten!
Richard H. DOC 365 VIN 1274
http://www.deloreans.co.uk
In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are not.
Cheers guys..... I have now brought the car up to where i'm staying and the only fault after 4 months is the left indicator telltale in the binnicle decided to not function...... after taking the binnicle off for my first time ever, i discovered in was not a bulb, but the holder itself..... the little brass spring contact had snapped off, and how is a mystery..... fortunately there was a replacement at hand which fitted, but it's not the correct bulb nor holder......... but it screwed in and works. So i'll need a new binnacle tell tale lamp holder if anyone knows the exact cross reference or has one spare..... it would be appreciated! It's nice to get it back on the road after so long!

We'll see about Chirk Claire as its a week after eurotec and the same week as Evesham, but who knows?

Nice to hear from you , and you to Richard! Tongue

Catch you all soon....

MrP

xx
Ben, How are you? Great to see you back on here.

The instrument cluster is made from GM parts. The bulb holders are common in Corvettes, etc.

Here are some for sale in the states....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/84-89-C4 ... ccessories

I might have one in my spares box, will get back to you if I find it!

Cheers,
Stu
DOC 116
VIN 6237
Thanks Stu, that'd be great....

Nice to hear from you! Hope everything is going well! We'll have to catch up soon!

Mr P

xx
Have had a scout around, have bulbs but no holders I'm afraid
Chris
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
Old Saab 900's used those holders. The type number is 509T and most auto places should sell them

Dan
Thanks for looking Chris, and Cheers Dan... thats handy to know!

Ben
TheOriginalMrP Wrote:We'll see about Chirk Claire as its the same week as Evesham, but who knows?

Catch you all soon....

MrP

xx

ayup Ben, we were going to do Evesham, but then the organisers moved it back a week
so that it now unfortunately clashes with the DOC-UK meet in Shropshire. Shame, cos
Evesham was brilliant last August, and we had a right laugh with our mates in the Vauxhall
Opel Drivers Club. They're going again this year, so they'll probably come over and say hello
if you do go. Smile

Well, whatever your up to, I'm sure we'll catch up with you at somepoint this year lol Big Grin
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie