Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Story of Awesum 1 (my time with John Delorean)
Hi folks,
My name is Lucky Price and when I visited with John once he told me that he thought I had more miles on my machine than anyone he had ever heard of. I owned A 1 from 1984 until 2004. I drove it every day summer and winter in northern NJ USA. I had 685,600 miles on it when I sold it to a fine gentleman named Marc Levi from central New Jersey. I had the opportunity to spend some real quality time with JZD, my wife Linny and I socialized with him and his wife Sally Baldwin on a number of occasions and visited with john at his estate in Lamington , New Jersey. We visited in his office and discussed many topics including his days at General Motors, The Delorean and his ideas for another car that he wanted to build.

My car was on the back cover of the Delorean World calendar in 2006 with the World Trade Center in the background.

I would be hapy to talk Deloreans with any owners. My E-Mail address is luckyw.price@comcast.net.

Talk to you soon,

Capt Lucky
Hello Capt Lucky, Welcome to the UK Delorean Forum Big Grin
685,600 miles :o on a Delorean is very impressive, that car has to be the highest milage Delorean ever! We'd love to see pictures of your car throughout your ownership.
DOC 116
VIN 6237
Hiya Capt Lucky!

As Stuart said, welcome to the UK DeLorean Owners Club.

Fantastic mileage that, just goes to show that De's benefit from being used and not being
stashed away Smile

We'd love to hear more about your time with your DeLorean and meetings with JZD, maybe
you could write an article and include some piccies for our Club magazine? I'm sure our
Editor, Phil Peters, would love to hear from you.

Regards,
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
It was nice to hear from you folks, I'll have to figure how to post photos. (somewhat computer illiterate)
I can tell you this, with all the miles I put on Awesum 1 we never replaced any internal engine parts. The heads or pan were never remover. We did 3 clutches and quite a few alternators because of location and I drove it every day summer and winter in northern NJ USA. The salt from the winter snow removal is what ultimately did her in. It finally rotted the frame away.
Feel free to ask questions.

Capt. Lucky
well I tell you what, we could do with you over here telling all the 'know it all' journalists
who say the DeLorean is cr4p about your car.

Do you know what happened to it after Marc Levy bought it? Has it been restored, or
parted out to keep other cars on the road?

Easiest way to upload pics, is to use the website Photobucket, then use the [IMG] option
that it gives you - just copy the link and paste it into a message.

Failing that, feel free to email me any pictures, and I'll upload them for you Smile

Use treasurer@deloreans.co.uk Smile

Regards,
I *believe* that car was exported to Poland. I think Ed Uding restored the chassis. Anyway, it's back on the road and being used.
Martin Gutkowski
DeLorean Cars
http://www.delorean.co.uk
ah thats good to hear, glad it was saved Smile