Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Static-stand-show-rentals... phew
Hi all,

So - the ex-owner is asking about renting DeLoreans. Yup. Weird.

Anyway, onwards. Wink I now work for a smallish Virtualisation Consultancy in Henley-On-Thames. We are hoping to be putting on/being part of a few shows/seminars/etc in the same vain as the NEC Classic Car show (ie, we'd have a stand) this year and the company director (after hearing about my previous ownership... and some beers) thinks it would be a great idea if we could get a DeLorean involved. And, actually, I reckon it could be a show-stealer.

I know few would want their cars to be used - and this would not be that sort of thing. No driving, no sitting; it'd be the same as the NEC shows - a static car (roped if necessary), rented for a show period (usually a couple of days) probably at the NEC itself or in London (and surrounding areas depending on the show).

At the moment, it's an idea and dependant on anyone being brave enough or wanting to make a few quid.

I'm still hoping to get another DeLorean myself - but not before I get married next year and I begin taking medication for my delusions of an Aston Martin shortly afterwards Smile

Anyway, if anyone knows of a car - that could potentially fit the bill, let me know. If not, thanks for reading and I'll get on with saving for one instead!

Cheers,
Dan
Member 101
VIN# 4566
Former Vins# 5641 (Maddie) and 5284 (Hana)

Dan Willis Wrote:At the moment, it's an idea and dependant on anyone being brave enough or wanting to make a few quid.

I'm still hoping to get another DeLorean myself - but not before I get married next year and I begin taking medication for my delusions of an Aston Martin shortly afterwards Smile

Anyway, if anyone knows of a car - that could potentially fit the bill, let me know. If not, thanks for reading and I'll get on with saving for one instead!

Cheers,

Dan when is it?

My car is on the road and seeings as I'm getting married this year I need every penny I can muster!

James
www.classicdelorean.com
Colchester - Essex - UK
I have no dates or locations as yet James - it's a case of finding out who would potentially be interested so I can feed it back to my Director and then we can come up with something that'll work for us both.

If you're interested in making some money I'll pass it on and see what I can find out regarding upcoming events.

Cheers,
Dan
Member 101
VIN# 4566

ditto: if time and place was right, work permitting snd all that, I would be interested.

Chris
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
congrats Dan and James on your forthcoming nuptials!!! Big Grin
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
Chris Williams Wrote:ditto: if time and place was right, work permitting snd all that, I would be interested.

Chris

Cheers Chris - I'll pass the details on when I have some.
Dan
Member 101
VIN# 4566