Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Classics on the Common, Harpenden 28th July
Really good fun evening midweek car show, always a huge turnout for this event, full details from;
www.classicsonthecommon.com

Chris
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
Rich now lives in Harpenden. He said something about the bloke who used to organise it going elsewhere so it might not be so much fun these days.
Martin Gutkowski
DeLorean Cars
http://www.delorean.co.uk
stunned_monkey Wrote:Rich now lives in Harpenden. He said something about the bloke who used to organise it going elsewhere so it might not be so much fun these days.
yes I remember reading about this apparently he left after the 2008 one, but by all accounts last years was all OK. Also he has started a rival show (classics in the walled garden, cant remember where at the moment) anyway To try and make thing's easier for the traffic this one now starts at 3pm. Wont be going myself as I will be working,, just posting these up for info Smile

Chris
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
Depending on whether I decide to go back to work in July after my maternity leave ends,
we might come along to this, I've really enjoyed the event in previous years.

Is it Peter Madden who used to organise this who now does the 'rival' Harpenden event?
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
Yes thats the chap, could not remember his name, but he is doing the walled garden one. cant remember where or when it was last year.....although Luton Hoo rings a bell!

Chris
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
could be Luton Hoo, its 'just up the road' from Harpenden.
Hello All,

I am organising two events this year in and around the Walled Garden on the Luton Hoo estate. They are not rivals to Classics on the Common, which still has my support and is now organised by Harpenden Village Rotary, I now get to go along, relax and look at some cars!

I was approached last year to organise something in the Walled Garden and a good evening was had by all. This year there is Classics in the Walled Garden on wednesday evening 30th June from 4pm and Lazy Saturday in the Garden on saturday afternoon 17th July. There will be catering, a bar and music at both events. Space inside the Walled Garden for the wednesday is now full but there is an overflow field. Space inside the Walled Garden for the saturday is primarily for Rovers other vehicles are being allocated space immediately outside the Walled Garden. If anyone wants any more info I can email them details.
peter.madden Wrote:Hello All,

I am organising two events this year in and around the Walled Garden on the Luton Hoo estate. They are not rivals to Classics on the Common, which still has my support and is now organised by Harpenden Village Rotary, I now get to go along, relax and look at some cars!

I was approached last year to organise something in the Walled Garden and a good evening was had by all. This year there is Classics in the Walled Garden on wednesday evening 30th June from 4pm and Lazy Saturday in the Garden on saturday afternoon 17th July. There will be catering, a bar and music at both events. Space inside the Walled Garden for the wednesday is now full but there is an overflow field. Space inside the Walled Garden for the saturday is primarily for Rovers other vehicles are being allocated space immediately outside the Walled Garden. If anyone wants any more info I can email them details.

Hi Peter

Feel free to put up an individual post for each event, that way they dont get lost,

Cheers
Chris
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
is there any delorean's going to them ??
does anyone know if there is any deloreans going to be at this
no idea, we might depending how things go and whether we're working or not,
Rich Johnstone might go as he's local to this now, but he doesnt get on the
forum much so might not know about it - unless Martin has perhaps mentioned
it to him.
Mary and I hope to be at the Classics on Common Event on the 28th July. It is a pleasant evening with a excellent selection of vehicles

Mike
:Following on from the weekend at Chirk, I have found a few more origional photos from my time at DMCL. I will be going to the Classics on the Common - part of a "class of'63" Rootes Group reunion - yes, I am that old. As I haven't a clue how to put these photos on line I will happily pass them on to any DMC club member at this event to copy/distribute as they see fit.
Hope to make contact on the 28th.
Roger Jarman
rsvjarman Wrote::Following on from the weekend at Chirk, I have found a few more origional photos from my time at DMCL. I will be going to the Classics on the Common - part of a "class of'63" Rootes Group reunion - yes, I am that old. As I haven't a clue how to put these photos on line I will happily pass them on to any DMC club member at this event to copy/distribute as they see fit.
Hope to make contact on the 28th.
Roger Jarman
Hi Roger, I'm not going myself (working) however if you wish to forward them on to me (to be returned) I'm happy to scan them and put them on line for you.

Chris
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
Thats great news Roger - Mike and Mary Hooper are going (SIJ1079),
but as Chris said, if you dont see them there, then you can always
post them onto him.

Hope you and your wife are well,