Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Museum Deloreans
I don't think so Matt, its not turned a wheel for over 30 years, since it was bought from a BCA auction and converted to RHD. I'd like some proper pictures to replace my 'snaps'!
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota Vitz 4X4 1999 (the smallest 4X4 by far!)
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
Dangermouse Wrote:Anyone recognize this location?

I am assuming it is a UK museum due to the L/R and Mini display

[ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND]

Yep. I worked there last year and that looks exactly like the car I saw:

[Image: 9575950665_4f6247bea5_z.jpg]Gaydon Heritage Motor Museum by willisit, on Flickr

It didn't look well looked after though.
Dan
Member 101
VIN# 4566
Former Vins# 5641 (Maddie) and 5284 (Hana)

The irony is I once offered to lend Gaydon 'Dusty" the immaculate 4 mile RHD…..but they said they hadn't got room for it.

But they had apparently got room for my old BTTF replica.
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
Chris P Wrote:I don't think so Matt, its not turned a wheel for over 30 years, since it was bought from a BCA auction and converted to RHD. I'd like some proper pictures to replace my 'snaps'!

That's strange, I was sure someone bought it. RBM 1, right?

The museum manager said we should call in advance in case the owner takes it off display, but that seems unlikely in that case. He said he'll open it up for us and let us have a poke around inside, so I'll get plenty of images. Anything that needs looking out for?
You may well be right Matt, but it's all news to me.

It's a double edged sword .... Nice to see a car brought back into use, but of course it won't be there for folk to look at the museum.

Can't have it both ways I suppose.
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
I thought someone here bought a museum car - those with better memories might be able to help. Going by what you've said, Chris, it's not likely to go anywhere any time soon!

Is the Lakeland car the one that has its doors propped open with a stick? Original Lotus Equipment!
Its a few years since I've seen it, but I don't think so Matt. In the past it was displayed with its doors shut.

It has all the hallmarks of a ex Wooler-Hodec engineers conversion. Proper RHD Carpet set, indicators brought forward, but still has its original speedo though.

Vin 758 , it was a Dunmurry Training Vehicle and was obviously used by the factory, because of the surface rust underneath and the 2000 miles.
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
Just had a dig around - looks like they do open it occasionally! I'd forgotten about that dreadful headliner. I like the little foam pad on the door corner to stop it having anyone's eye out :lol:

Will have to convince them to give it to a good home Smile
Matt Clark Wrote:The museum manager said we should call in advance in case the owner takes it off display, but that seems unlikely in that case. He said he'll open it up for us and let us have a poke around inside, so I'll get plenty of images. Anything that needs looking out for?

VIN picture might be nice.

And the meaning behind the RBM plate?
Dermot
ex-Dunmurryite
vin 2743
Dangermouse Wrote:[ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND]

So this is VIN#02631 and owned by Clive Priest?
If you're gonna build a timemachine, why not do it with style !
http://www.deloreanclubbelgium.eu
Went to see the car yesterday but the museum owner who said he'd let us inside to take photos wasn't in... Good thing we didn't drive to the Lakes just for that! Got lots more photos on my proper camera which I'll upload when I'm home. Overall it looks clean and cared for (which most museum D's aren't) but there's definitely some shabby areas. Headliners are still appalling and it's funny how one small thing like that devalues the whole car. How much are a set of headliners?

[Image: OTkxy1n.jpg]

On the plus side at least they've upgraded the wooden stick holding the door up to a chrome pole...
underneath its a bit scruffy, but then again it was used extensively by the factory for testing.
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
Hard to take decent photos, the car is packed in tight.
Didn't get a chance to get any images of the underside/interior as the guy who said he'd show us around wasn't in, and the lady on the desk was less keen to help...
Thanks for the photos, Matt.

Did you get one of the poster on the bonnet?
Dermot
ex-Dunmurryite
vin 2743