Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Museum Deloreans
There are 2 Deloreans on display at Beaulieu.
A BTTF time machine owned by Clive Priest.

[Image: BeaulieuBTTF.jpg]

[Image: BeaulieuBTTF2.jpg]

And their other 'stock' one with crappy side stripe...

[Image: BeaulieuD.jpg]
DOC 116
VIN 6237
Not sure I like the tacky DMC logo on the door Sad
Paul Birks - DOC5 - Worksop
Anyone know what happened to the first DeLorean they had at Beaulieu?
I went there as a a kid in the late 80's. I remember really pushing my M&D to take me. It was the first D' I ever saw in the metal.
I took loads of photos that I kept on my bedroom wall :lol:
It was mint, factory fresh. Never registered as it had no plates. As I understand it the goverment had given it to Beaulieu when the factory closed.

Regards
Nick H
DOC 650
Jaguar X-Type
Range Rover Sport SDV6 "Rufus" (Mrs H's motor)
DeLorean DMC 12 Vin#2862

My other hobby...
http://www.lccuk.org.uk/
I've seen the Beaulieu car with the sprayed on side stripe, didnt realise they still had it tbh.

Clive Priest's car is the one that Glen Hale used to drive IIRC.
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
Here is the first draft of the Deloreans in Museums list. I have information on 52 cars that are confirmed, or probably, on public display in various museums around the world. It is a work in progress as some information is still outstanding.

I posted the original request on 10 Delorean forums around the world and have been amazed at the response that I have received from owners across the globe. Thank You everybody in the Delorean Community.

Where available I have shown websites for the museums, which should be clickable from within the document, so you can get addresses, phone numbers, opening hours etc. A few have direct links to the cars themselves. I have written to each museum requesting confirmation that the Delorean is still on public display as well as any other information that they may care to share. In the final list, I will try and indicate which ones are confirmed in 2010.

There are many open items that I have and if anyone is visiting any of the museums with a “Vin??” or “?/?” notation, please help me fill in the blanks (or ?). In particular I’m not sure where I got the info about the Red car in a London Museum, vin 5146. Any help??

I have also included information on locations that previously displayed Deloreans, just for completeness.

So if you have a trip planned this summer, you can maybe include a Delorean viewing in case you are getting withdrawal symptoms

thanks
Dermot
ex-Dunmurryite
vin 2743
Great work Dermot!

Was just wondering what the dots represent?

Btw, the BTTF car at the Cornish Goldsmiths Museum (if it's Gary Weaver's, which were almost certain it is) will be grey interior with manual gearbox, true to the film.
Not sure if you already knew that, the ?/? are missing for that car.

Great job, I will certainly be checking a few of them out, now I know where they are :wink:
Matt Goodliffe
Still dreaming the dream.
DOC 669
Honda Civic S

Delorean Savings Progress
██████████████████████████████████████████████████ 38%
Great stuff, handy thing to know.

Chris
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
Flex Wrote:Great work Dermot!

Was just wondering what the dots represent?

Btw, the BTTF car at the Cornish Goldsmiths Museum (if it's Gary Weaver's, which were almost certain it is) will be grey interior with manual gearbox, true to the film.
Not sure if you already knew that, the ?/? are missing for that car.

:wink:

I knew someone would ask that. The dot are just a means of me keeping track of which facilities I've been in touch with. They are actually various symbols that seem to convert to dots when I make a pdf.

I'll add the G/M to the list. Not all BTTF replicas are correct in this area, much to the purists annoyance Smile
Dermot
ex-Dunmurryite
vin 2743
Nice list Dermot, I didn't know of the one in Glasgow, where did you hear about that one?

There is another bad Sad BTTF car in New Zealand at the 'World of wearable Art & Classic car museum' in Nelson NZ.

[Image: wowmuseumNZ.jpg]
DOC 116
VIN 6237
Stuart,

I got the Glasgow center as a tip after posting the first list. I had a pic, but I can't seem to find it now. I'll get back to you on that. Unfortunately the center seems to be closed, prior to a move, so I can't confirm whether there is still one there.

btw, the car you asked about earlier is at th Bentley Wildfowl centre in Sussex.
Dermot
ex-Dunmurryite
vin 2743
Ah, ok I seem to remember that the Keswick car collection was split a few years ago due to having limited space. So the one in Glasgow is the BTTF3 promo car...

http://www.carsofthestars-scotland.com/

http://www.carsofthestars-scotland.com/pages/bttf.htm

I believe it is now back in Keswick in storage, due to them having another BTTF car on display - that used to be in a US museum. Maybe its on loan?
DOC 116
VIN 6237
Dermot, I'm pretty sure this one is the other Keswick BTTF replica (saw it on a tv show recently)
Here are pics when it was in the States, it used to be at the Historic Auto Attractions museum in Roscoe, Illinois

[Image: keswick2.jpg]

[Image: Keswick.jpg]

[Image: keswick3.jpg]

Seeing all these bad replicas makes me mad :evil: Poor Deloreans...
DOC 116
VIN 6237
Thanks,
now I'm totally confused.

So Keswick has a BTTF I car on display (ex US Illinois museum) and the lovely BTTF 3 car in storage.

Does COTS - Scotland have a different BTTF 3 car? And is this the new name for the Motoring Heritage Centre (I think the answer to that is Yes, based on the homepage).
Dermot
ex-Dunmurryite
vin 2743
Dangermouse Wrote:So Keswick has a BTTF I car on display (ex US Illinois museum) and the lovely BTTF 3 car in storage.
Spot on Smile

Dangermouse Wrote:Does COTS - Scotland have a different BTTF 3 car? And is this the new name for the Motoring Heritage Centre (I think the answer to that is Yes, based on the homepage).

The BTTF3 car went to the Scottish museum, with a few other star cars, but I'm sure they are not there any more. (& back in Keswick)
DOC 116
VIN 6237
Stuart Rees Wrote:[Image: museumD3.jpg]

Shock I think that headlining (if it still qualifies as thus) has seen better days...!

...the trouble I find with some museum cars is that they are not necessarily always very representative examples of the DeLorean. While you could say its better to have one on display than not, I've seen appalling examples in museums (condition wise) and have sometimes felt the need to say to the people around me that 'this is not what DeLoreans really look like!!'. Its frustrating to think they go away with that impression of the car and the possible reinforcement of the negative beliefs surrounding the cars overall integrity. I don't know whether it is a subject that can be addressed easily, but it would be handy to go around and overhaul some of them with the 'live the dream' team...