Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Museum Deloreans
thats a great list you have there Dermot, if the Beaulieu car is the one that is going/gone
to Gaydon (Heritage Motor Centre), then it is the one owned by Clive Priest. The kit was
made by Chris Nicholson IIRC, but I cant remember the vin of the car, but the kit was put
on a car nicknamed 'Herman' formerly owned by Chris Parnham before Clive bought it around
2005-2006.
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
Come and get it while it's hot:

New and Improved for 2014:

Buy one get one free:

etc, etc
Dermot
ex-Dunmurryite
vin 2743
Went to visit VIN1990 today. Bit grim.

Fascias have been repainted in a lighter silver shade - presumably to match the stainless and looks pretty bad from a lot of angles. Lots of filler/bondo visible on them too. Weather stripping around doors gone, drivers door either not latched or in bad shape! Interior is... very red, more fitting for a Countach than a D and is overbearing in a way Chris' VIN510 isn't (also 510 has a less neon shade of red). Headliners have been trimmed in leather though and in my opinion are nicer than production. Wheels have been painted black with silver bits which is quite nice, oddball quad exhaust put on, louvre is in bad shape with the vents at back gone and various chips, and a kink/dent in the stainless panel at the top of the louver on the LH side. Various bits of trim inside coming away but that's probably due to busy fingers. Bumpers are quite faded too.

Overall it's a bit of a state, wouldn't take much to make it pristine though! Looks great sitting next to an Esprit, too.

edit: forum won't let me add hotlinked images from imgur or upload more than 3 attachements, so have 3 photos. Lots more if there's a way of posting them?
Thanks for posting them up, if you look past the colour more pinkish/red the re-trim looks to have been done really well, especially the headlinings!
Chris
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
All the photos are here:

http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?2973- ... post137059
I was there a couple of years ago and had a good chat with the young museum worker who did the re-trimming …very talented chap. I recently read that it had lost its grant aid and was struggling to keep going.
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota Vitz 4X4 1999 (the smallest 4X4 by far!)
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
It seemed to be fairly busy when I got there - but the location isn't the best; it's certainly not in a touristy part of the world. I've lived in Acton for a year or so and didn't realise it was just down the road from me. There's nothing around it bar some industrial estates and suburban homes, so in a way it's not a surprise that it struggles. It's pretty expensive to get into, and it's not the biggest of places, but the staff genuinely seemed really nice.

I did wonder if they did the retrim themselves - they are also a car modification place (or share the space with them) so that explains it. All of their cars apart from the film/TV specific ones seemed to be done up in some way with different paintjobs, big wheels, etc. Rather a retrimmed interior than a bad BTTF conversion, I suppose!
Looks like a British Version of Counting Cars (US tv show) has been filmed at this museum. Hopefully a bit of screen time for the Delorean...

http://realscreen.com/2014/01/24/histor ... te-wheels/

I'm also a fan of the 'Fast N Loud' show on Discovery (Gas Monkey Garage) who will have a Bricklin SV1 on their show in a couple of weeks. God bless Sky TV Mr Green
DOC 116
VIN 6237
Anyone recognize this location?

I am assuming it is a UK museum due to the L/R and Mini display

[ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND]
Dermot
ex-Dunmurryite
vin 2743
Heritage Motor Center in Gaydon?
VIN 4494, Grey interior, 5 speed, October 1981
DOC 757
Possibly, I'm sure that's where Glens/The priest's old car ended up at after a stint at Beaulieu but not knowing the accuracy's of the BTTF cars that well I wouldn't know who's it was!
Chris
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
Thanks.

Looking on their website, I don't see the D, but the cylindrical information plinths seem to be the same.
Dermot
ex-Dunmurryite
vin 2743
Yes it was my old one….all the stuff came off my beautiful 1983 car and we put it on a much cheaper car before it was sold to Glen, for a super low price…..but of course it turned out not to be Glen who has the money….but Clive Preast!
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota Vitz 4X4 1999 (the smallest 4X4 by far!)
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
Barrie Wills mentioned they had a BTTF conversion in Gayden recently so that must be it.
I'm spending Valentines Day up in the lakes with the other half, and she's cool with us going to the Lakeland museum to check out the RHD car there. Happy to provide photos/ref of it but I have a brainworm telling me that someone here owns it? Is that right?