Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Museum Deloreans
Stuart Rees Wrote:There is another bad Sad BTTF car in New Zealand at the 'World of wearable Art & Classic car museum' in Nelson NZ.

[Image: wowmuseumNZ.jpg]

Update 1 - apparently this BTTF kit at the NZ museum was made up by a local artist, (for a six month special exhibition (80s memorabilia or some such). Hence the Blue Peter approach, complete with double sided sticky tape, no doubt. The accessories have now been removed and the car is as naked as the day it was born.

Update 2 - I contacted the Historic Auto Museum in IL, and apparently they still have a BTTF car :? , so I am trying to work out if they had two at some point.
Dermot
ex-Dunmurryite
vin 2743
Revison, now with a couple more apparently in Scotland
Dermot
ex-Dunmurryite
vin 2743
Ineteesting stuff.

I bet the Delorean has a greater proportion of Museum Cars to Total Production Run than any other car!!
Richard Hanlon
Derbyshire
DOC 393

1981 DMC-12 VIN 06126
note that I just come back from a holliday in orlando. The BTTF attraction is not in the universal studio anymore and I didn't see any delorean anymore. Are you sure the car is still there ?
Pretty sure it still is - my colleague brought me a photo of it a few weeks ago. They still have the car somewhere despite the ride having gone. Doesn't look in spectacularly good condition though, and suffering very badly from front fascia 'eyebrows'.
Richard Hanlon
Derbyshire
DOC 393

1981 DMC-12 VIN 06126
Yes, the BTTF ride morphed into the Simpsons ride, but the car is still in the park along with the train from the sequel.

It's now at the end of Delancey Street (opposite end as the Blue Brothers Review)

I just saw it on Saturday (7/11) Big Grin

Interesting to see just how many people stopped and took a picture of it
Dermot
ex-Dunmurryite
vin 2743
Does the Hertiage Motor Center in Gaydon have a D?

I was wondering, as the club AGM is being held there?

I tried browsing their website, but couldn't tell.
Dermot
ex-Dunmurryite
vin 2743
I was there the other week for Supercar Sunday, and couldnt see one
there.

I'd lend them my car if I wasn't so busy doing events every weekend in it 8)
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
I have offered to lend Gaydon my RHD but they did not want it. They said they didn't have room!

There is the RHD ( post factory) at a museum Cumbria. It was at the Lakeland car museum at Holca Hall, but all were supposed to move to posh new premisses down the road from Lake Windermere. But when we were there for last new year, the new 90% finished museum, together with dozens of nearby houses, had been terribly effected by floods. I'm not sure if the museum has been repaired or finished.
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota Vitz 4X4 1999 (the smallest 4X4 by far!)
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
Here is another to add to the list, being my birthday we went for a trip to the Bo'ness motor Museum near Grangemouth, which housed a fairly good condition Deloean, the owner was very good and let me have a look inside but the door only opened a third of the way, it looked sound nothing a bit of TLC and a new set of tyres would not fix, please see photo below, no VIN as the door got to heavy for me to hold up for long.

[Image: BONESS002.jpg]

I have a couple of other photos if anyone is interested.
VIN LESS at present
DOC 670
Thats the one that used to be in Beaulieu, good to know where it is now, thanks. Big Grin
Happy Birthday BTW :wink:
DOC 116
VIN 6237
I've got some pics of that at Beaulieu taken several years ago. I knew it
had gone - but didnt know it had gone that far! lol

Happy birthday too! Big Grin
Here it is folks, the Winter 2012 edition of places you just have to go and see to get your stainless fix

As always, any help in confirming, denying, or adding to the list would be greatly appreciated.
Dermot
ex-Dunmurryite
vin 2743
good work Dermot!! Big Grin
Here is the 2013 edition.

I think there have been a few changes in the UK museums (COTS etc) so I have completely lost track of which car is in which place, so if anyone visits them this summer, please let me know.

thanks
Dermot
ex-Dunmurryite
vin 2743