Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fleetwood Transport Festival Sunday 18th July 2010
Hi everyone,

We have been invited to attend the Fleetwood transport festival again on Sunday 18th July. John, I'm not sure why but they thought I organised it last time. They have a new co-ordinator this year so maybe there was some misunderstanding. Anyway, Who's up for it? The sooner we get our applications sent off the better chance we have of getting a good spot.

Entry forms can be downloaded here in PDF format: http://www.fleetwoodtransportfestival.c ... ntries.php

Please let me know on this forum if you are attending so we know how many to expect.

Heres what it was like last year:

[Image: 2rqy153.jpg]

[Image: 2gxfk2c.jpg]
Third different 'car' organiser in 3 years; the price of a volunteer event.

Attitudes changed over the last 5 years when they started to be more keen to get cars involved rather than just the commerical vehicles and trams.

The couldn't have been more welcoming last year, we had a whole side street to oursleves, which made for a relatively quiet oasis in amongst the hoards of people.....

I'll be there, it would be nice to make double figures this year.

The big alternative, is the Cholmondeley Pageant of Power, which is expensive, but one of the events I've always meant to attend

http://www.cpop.co.uk/
John, Have you read my latest post about tatton? If not check that out! I need basic details off interested parties.

Fleetwood should be good again, I think we could pull a few more cars in this year. Phil Emsley not far from me for one.
We'd be happy to do this one again or Cholmondley - really enjoyed it last year, and the
pub meal on the way home was a nice way to end the day Smile
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
Im definately up for this, count me in. Big Grin
Yes, yes. Me too. I really enjoyed it
Richard H. DOC 365 VIN 1274
http://www.deloreans.co.uk
In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are not.
hi all i would like to join you all for this event, going to fairford air show sat, let us know meet ups latter. Smile
the plastering man
DEL31L
Doc No.505
Vin No.11075
Unfortunately I've just received word that this year's Fleetwood Festival has been cancelled due to a lack of funds.

This does therefore remove the overlap between the cholmondely festival of speed (17th/18th July)

JohnC
Aww no, thats a damn shame Sad Thanks for that John, Nice of them to not let us know! I'll have to see about going to that instead.
oh thats a shame Sad
The other event can be seen at www.cpop.co.uk. It is expensive, but there seems to be lots so see (I've never made it due to the clash between Southport/Fleetwood previously).

'Cheaper' tickets still available until 30th April.

JohnC
yikes, £54 each for the full kit'n'kaboodle....... Shock Shock Shock

Mind you, Goodwood is dearer then that I think Sad

Might have to pass on this, cant afford over £100 for 2 tickets, plus fuel and accomodation.