Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A quick hello and a question
Fantastic! Congratulations on your new purchase! Looks like you'll be in good company.

I last saw that car at Harpended in about 2006/7 when it had a very large rear number plate filling the whole area between the rear lights. Obviously a new number plate surround has been sourced since then.

Great stuff, and welcome!
Richard Hanlon
Derbyshire
DOC 393

1981 DMC-12 VIN 06126
bit of an echo there Rich!! lol [Edit: echo fixed]

Hi Manxmann, glad to see that CPE has gone to a good home, and I really hope you enjoy the car.

The new rear plate does look much better btw :wink:

So, is this now the only DeLorean on the IOM?
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
Quote:So, is this now the only DeLorean on the IOM?

Now there's a question. As far as I know yes however who knows what's tucked away around here.

Certainly on an Island this size I'd have expected to see or hear of another one at some point. There certainly used to be one as I clearly remember it for sale in the late 80's early 90's at a local Porker garage. If memory serves it had been painted / lacquered dark blue.
VIN 17152 - The Manx 'D'
ooh, wonder where that one is now? I've never seen a dark blue one, but I have heard of one in the dim and distant past.

Mind you, it could have been painted another colour or returned to stainless by now, who knows! lol :lol:

Enjoy your new car Big Grin
Didn't John Chapelhow's car live on the IoM at some point? I distinctly remember one being for sale around the time I started getting into D's - late 90s ish.
Martin Gutkowski
DeLorean Cars
http://www.delorean.co.uk
not sure Martin, I'll ask him next time I see him - unless he reads this post first of course. I think John's car was used by Olsen Engineering??

Funnily enough Manxmann, I was chatting to a guy yesterday before we set off to do our local village carnival, and he works for his dad and runs a garage called Stringfellows in Ripley, Derbyshire. He came back from running a garage on the IoM, and I mentioned that you had bought a DeLorean and that you also owned a 4.0 MG-ZT, and he said that he thinks he knows you and he remembers your car. Small world, eh!! :lol:
It sure is, what was the name of the Garage?

Whilst I believe there to be only 1 Delorean, from the 9000 or so made, on the Island. There are 3 MG ZT 260's from the 823 made!! So there's a chance it isn't me he knows.
VIN 17152 - The Manx 'D'