Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help!
My windscreen has a crack in it about sixteen inches long!

1. Where can I buy another?

2. How much will it cost?

3. Can "normal" garages fit them?

Any advice gratefully received!!!
DOC 529
VIN 6383
Windscreens have been available in the UK from www.uroglas.com
They have been available with or without the radio antenna.
DOC 116
VIN 6237
As Stuart put. Most good windscreen companys should be able to fit them fine. Just need to be extra careful removing the windscreen trim. (good time to rub them down and re paint though)

Chris
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
I got mine fixed on the insurance, bought it from Uroglass and then got a local firm to fit it.

Cost me my excess, which didnt affect my premium or NCB Smile
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
Same here, i bought mine from Uroglass through my insurance company and got Autoglass to replace it. Simples!
Paul Birks - DOC5 - Worksop
Thanks for the responses! I've emailed Uroglas. Any ideas on the cost?
DOC 529
VIN 6383
I think without antenna you're looking at £225 + VAT and with antenna £275 + VAT. Although if you claim through insurance you should just pay your windscreen excess of £60 ish.
VIN 7176
DOC 643
My windscreen was replaced by Autoglass when a large object fell (suitcase) fell out of the garage loftspace and bounced off the screen, insurance sorted it and only cost £60 excess (thanks sureterm). I got a new one in a week and as a plus it was gradient tinted,looks much better on the car. While the fitter was prepping the new screen to go in , I tidied the screen aperture up, and remedied the rusty plates that hold the top screen trim on and resealed bits here and there. Well worth doing 'cos you wont want to do it again. 8)
#10556 'Ol Stainless' running surprisingly well,Audi A5 2.0T Quattro smug as usual,Wenault Slaguna stationary for the mo',the R.V.Enterprise clocking the U.K.miles up,new fleet addition-Jessica the Daewoo Matiz,silly but 55mpg....!