Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eurofest 2011. 26th-29th May2011. Belfast & Lisburn.
Count me in, looking forward to it! 8)
#10556 'Ol Stainless' running surprisingly well,Audi A5 2.0T Quattro smug as usual,Wenault Slaguna stationary for the mo',the R.V.Enterprise clocking the U.K.miles up,new fleet addition-Jessica the Daewoo Matiz,silly but 55mpg....!
Looks like we are going with 2 cars from Hungary and Slovakia, 4 people in total.
My car is under restoration now, I hope I will be able to finish it until next year.
Project 701 restoration
http://dmc701.blogspot.com/
thats great news Bopat, I dont think I've ever seen cars from Slovakia and
Hungary there before. Look forward to meeting you and your car next year Smile
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
Eurofest update from Rob Lamrock:
BTW here's an update on Eurofest;

With four months to go to Eurofest here is the first of a series of updates to keep you informed about the event.
Registrations for Eurofest 2011 continue to come in from around the world; USA, Canada, Australia, England, Ireland, Isle of Man, Scotland, Wales, Germany, Belgium, Sweden, & France so far.
Dixon Hollinshead who was responsible for building the factory will be making a nostalgic trip back to Dunmurry from the USA for the first time in 30 years and JLP Movies are sending a camera crew from California to film for a week.
The world's first ever four seater DeLorean is currently under construction and John Dore has been making good progress towards it's unveiling at our opening reception.
Preparations for clearing the test track began last week with a preliminary inspection and DeLorean drivers will be assured of a pristine road by May.
Collectors of memorabilia will be fascinated by an exclusive exhibition of previously unseen papers and sketches that John DeLorean had in his New York office. These items will be on display in the foyer of the Europa hotel.
The Product Fair also has a new venue with a superb new exhibition centre on the ground floor of the Europa hotel - bigger and better than ever before!
Duncan Campbell, Producer of 'Make It New John' was in Belfast last week to launch his documentary and we have been given special permission to screen this at Eurofest. You can hear his interview on BBC Radio Ulster - it starts at 2-20-35.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/console/b0 ... 21_01_2011

Any delegates that are staying in Belfast on Sunday 29th May might like to know that Katherine Jenkins will be in concert at the Odyssey Arena in Belfast that night. She has performed for The Queen, The Pope and The Prime Minister. From her breakout in 2003 where she signed the biggest ever classical deal, 30 year old Katherine has become the premiere ambassador of bringing classical music to a mainstream audience. Further details at http://www.odysseyarena.com/katherine-j ... event-info

Look out for another update next month.

Best wishes,
Robert Lamrock
www.eurofest2011.com
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
With less than seven weeks to go to Eurofest the excitement is building as DeLorean owners and enthusiasts from around the world prepare to celebrate the 30th anniversary of our famous marque. Among the attendees is Viktor Vali who is driving his DMC all the way from Hungary! And Osamu Shimohara, the President of DeLorean Club of Japan who survived the earthquake/tsunami will be making a welcome return to Belfast. With 20 countries represented this really is an international global gathering and will feel like a United Nations ‘DeLorean Summit’.
For those folk who haven’t yet done so please note that registrations for Eurofest 2011 will close at midnight (GMT) on Thursday 12th May.
Nick Sutton (former DMC manager) has been busy co-ordinating past employees of the company and Peter Moore who headed up the Press Office at Dunmurry is now confirmed as one of our guest speakers.
To assist communications for those on Twitter there’s now
http://twitter.com/Eurofest11
And for anyone looking for advice on things to do around Belfast or Ireland etc there’s now a section on the local DeLorean Owners of Ireland Forum and local owner Paul Jenkins is on hand to help
http://www.delorean.ie/forum/viewforum.php?f=35
John Dore has been making great progress building the first ever four seater DeLorean and he will also be displaying some of the original Lapple master panels. Priceless!
The Europa Hotel only has a few Executive Double rooms left but if you require ‘budget’ accommodation then please get in touch.
There’s another famous anniversary happening in Belfast on 31st May and that’s 100 years since the launch of the famous Titanic. Comparisons have been made between the story of the Titanic and the DeLorean factory but judging by the support for Eurofest this part of our industrial heritage is still very much afloat.
Another update next month.
Best wishes,
Robert Lamrock
www.eurofest2011.com
Just a quick update. Robert has just confirmed to me that the Europa hotel has added extra rooms to our discounted allocation. We now have additional executive double bedded rooms as well as another 2 executive family rooms (1 double bed & 1 single bed) & 3 superior twins (2 single beds).

Book now before they go again.

Here is the hotel website.
http://www.hastingshotels.com/europa-belfast

For booking though you must book directly with hotel by phone, fax or email and use specific booking reference. 
Booking reference: 38124 (DeLorean Convention)
Tel. +44 28 9027 1066
Fax: +44 9048 6767
Email: res@eur.hastingshotels.com 
Paul Jenkins
Vin 2493
Belfast
To keep it fresh in your minds the room rates are as follows

Classic Single - £70 per night with Breakfast
Superior Single - £85 per night with Breakfast
Executive Single - £95 per night with Breakfast
Superior Double - £90 per night with Breakfast 
Superior Twin - £90 per night with Breakfast
Executive Double - £110 per night with Breakfast
Rates are inclusive of bed and full Irish breakfast. Prices are based per room per night. (There are no additional taxes.)
Paul Jenkins
Vin 2493
Belfast
Right, Not long to go until Eurofest....Mr Green Who's booked in and where are you staying? I stayed in Dunmurray last time which was a blast, I'm looking to book a hotel in Belfast this time, possibly the Europa if it isn't fully booked but the cheaper option also appeals lol
Can we get a list of who's goin and the when and the wheres... Can't wait for this, see you there Big Grin
DOC 116
VIN 6237
Stuart Rees Wrote:Right, Not long to go until Eurofest....Mr Green Who's booked in and where are you staying? I stayed in Dunmurray last time which was a blast, I'm looking to book a hotel in Belfast this time, possibly the Europa if it isn't fully booked but the cheaper option also appeals lol
Can we get a list of who's goin and the when and the wheres... Can't wait for this, see you there Big Grin

My mate and i are booked into the "Days Hotel" (about 2 mins walk from Europa, but with own car park) i should "hopefully" have LEX booked into stay in their car park. I made it a specification of my stay...
Rissy
(Forum Member 288)
(DOC Member 663)

May 1981 vin#1458 "LEX"
Grey, Flapped, Black
Chassis: #1073
Engine: #2839

Main Car(s):
2005 BMW M3 in Velvet Blue
2010 Honda Civic Type R in Sapphire Blue (1 of 115 made)
I did several laps of the test track in Lex back in 2006 - it's really cool that Eurofest is in May exactly X years since Lex rolled off the production line in May 81. Unfortunately I won't be attending this year as it's literally slap bang in the middle of the 2 weeks of my final exams. I've already got my job offer at Dyson but still need to get at least a 2:1 to hang on to it!
Martin Gutkowski
DeLorean Cars
http://www.delorean.co.uk
congrats on the job Martin, and good luck for your exams.

We're not going this year either, worked out taking 2 cars, it would cost us
nearly £2k! Cant afford that sort of money right now.
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
stunned_monkey Wrote:I did several laps of the test track in Lex back in 2006 - it's really cool that Eurofest is in May exactly X years since Lex rolled off the production line in May 81. Unfortunately I won't be attending this year as it's literally slap bang in the middle of the 2 weeks of my final exams. I've already got my job offer at Dyson but still need to get at least a 2:1 to hang on to it!

I've realised this also Martin. Lex's Birthday was exactly Thursday 21st May 1981 (Thank god she's not a Friday car! lol!) so i'll drive her around the test track only 1 week after her official birthday. I'll do a lap in your honour Martin, but the rest are all for me! lol! Can't wait! Role on May!
Rissy
(Forum Member 288)
(DOC Member 663)

May 1981 vin#1458 "LEX"
Grey, Flapped, Black

Main Car(s):
We'll be there, and staying at the Europa...
Richard Hanlon
Derbyshire
DOC 393

1981 DMC-12 VIN 06126
I'll be there at the Europa from Thursday sailing from Stranraer at 2ish if I remember rightly.
dmcscott2002 Wrote:I'll be there at the Europa from Thursday sailing from Stranraer at 2ish if I remember rightly.
I think we might be on the same tub. Stela Caledonia, leaving Stranraer at 14:30 on Thursday 26th...

Roll on with the mini convoy if this is the case :-)
Rissy
(Forum Member 288)
(DOC Member 663)

May 1981 vin#1458 "LEX"
Grey, Flapped, Black

Main Car(s):