Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cheap Delorean at auction
Hi all.Long time no post i know but facebook calls. There is an auction going on this weekend at Double s farm, The Purlieu Lydney Gloucestershire GL15 4LN. 10 30am.Amongst a lot of american cars, there is a Delorean 1981 fo sale. This is a dispersal sale so its because the old boy has died and his misses is selling all his cars. There is probably no reserve on these cars so if you want a cheap D, get down there. I will be there at about 9.30 ish.
Dan. The tree man
Not here for a long time. Just here for a good time
Live up to all you know. Nothing more. Nothing less
DOC 219
vin. 4986
Eleanor
hi

wish i could get down there (and russle up £15k)

any more info on it...non-runner been in storage??.

a 'lost' RHD? or Pilot!

Steve
ex vin 1621...will be an owner again sometime!
Steve Saunders
Wolverhampton
ex owner vin 1621
doc 370
be interesting to know more details on this, I wonder if this is another car 'coming out of
the woodwork' so to speak?

Get sleuthing Dan!! :lol:
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
Looks a very interesting sale, a huge amount of cars & trucks(mainly American) Shame the D looks in poor order but hard to tell with such a poor picture. Be interesting to find out more about it though!
[ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND]
Chris
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
is that an '83' spec with a flat hood and black interior? Hard to tell from the piccy.

Is it even UK registered?
I don't think that looks too bad really, discounting the obvious time perishing things like headliners. Suppose it depends how much it goes for. It looks grey to me but the pic is abit bright to tell. Be interesting to see what it goes for...
Went to the auction this morning.There were 2 guys bidding on it. One was a bit of a billy but the guy who bought it seemed keen. It went for 9k. Vin was 7048 soi'm guessing a late 82 or 83. Interior was lovely only down point was the headliner on drivers door. Only one mark on the passenger door and what looks like a replacement front passenger wing so could have had front end damage. None starter but thats no problem on a car thats only done 3220 miles just a drop of fresh fuel would sort that. Louver had cracks in so a new one would have to be got plus the gas struts. Original Goodyear NTC's and front spring hight were as factory. The guy said he was from Worcester.
Dan. The tree man
Not here for a long time. Just here for a good time
Live up to all you know. Nothing more. Nothing less
DOC 219
vin. 4986
Eleanor
hi

seems a fair price really.

with the miles and lack of use (presumably not started for years), could need plenty of engine fuel system cleaning (new pump, clean tank etc), and the cost mounts up.

also the hydraulics could be shot (brakes and clucch) again needing rebuild.

a set of tyres would be £400 ish. Headliner cheap and also Chris could sort the louvres (always better to restore rather than replace i think).

maybe a dealer bought it?

Steve
ex vin 1621
Steve Saunders
Wolverhampton
ex owner vin 1621
doc 370
that sounds a bit of a bargain with that mileage on. Wonder if the new owner will
join up on here or join the club?