Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lorenzo - delorean5583.com
[Image: 9.jpg][Image: 3.jpg]
Translated text automatically
Hello everybody, my name is Lorenzo and I am a member of the board of directors of the CID - Italian Club Delorean http://www.dmc12.it,
INANCE all I congratulate the club for your organization and your forum .. a real example!
am the owner of DeLorean VIN 5583, bought the shop of PJ Grady Europe in the UK to Chris Nicholson, the propretary's car was Tony Osborne.
[Image: 1.jpg][Image: 2.jpg]
Octobre / Novembre 2008
well well Please see all the photos and after a brief correspondence via e-mail, I went to see her in person at Canvey Island near London, taking with me my mechanic Maurice, my girlfriend and her friend Sara Federica native english. The car is in good condition, both inside and outside 1) Test-Drive is performed me from my mechanic, a positive outcome, engine loose and fluid exchange. Arrows, lights, air conditioning, and whatever else of electronic everything works, brand-new wheels and rims in perfect layer, water oil, etc. All ok (according to my mechanic). The property is in good condition with no signs of an accident even with a layer of rust that will remove aa reprocessed by special varnish. The documentation of the DMC is about 1 kg and a half between upgrade and coupons, as having been imported from Texas was used by Tony (former owner) to go to work every day. PG Grady Europe, has done to give me a quality certificate which states that it has overhauled the whole machine and ensure its good condition. All nice and flowery? I would not say .. The car was paid for and having passed the property, remained a single detail .. how to get here? Since it is not easy to pick her up at the person as in Germany, after 2 weeks of testing to ensure this, the test plates, cardboard and temporary assurance, I decided to have it shipped. Through my Veteran Car Club Pistoia and Emanuele Umberto I found a good carrier at an affordable price that I brought the car in Pistoia, albeit with a nice souvenir on the front bumper .. grated to a fine paint that will restore. I think I will follow the path of my mentor Cineman then will disassemble things simple and clean the car very carefully, before submitting the intricacies of the engine and electrical equipment which now works fine, but I would change a little ' of "cooked tubes or wires taped to voile.
[Image: 5.jpg][Image: 7.jpg]
February 2009 ?
The thing I want most is to start from the "foundations" the frame. Once divided the car with a "frame-off" I could see the actual condition of the car e. .. Wow A few little surprise too, cmq in principle I had set out to dismantle all components possible, sand and repaint it, meanwhile go to deep processing the frame and make it "immortal" or cmq restore his longevity to do this together with Erasmus and Beppe, we reported the casing shoe, replace corroded parts, rust first hand, second hand with epoxy paint, protective wax third hand, while some parties are not recoverable were measured, redesigned to computers and laser cut stainless steel ..
[Image: 4.jpg][Image: 6.jpg][Image: 13.jpg]
Some components have been revised or replaced as: radiator fan, radiator, steering box, clutch, fuel tank, float, gaskets, new sheathing on the shock absorbing elements, the entire electrical system was overhauled by Roberto, some electrical parts former rebuilt again as the group lights front and of course everything was in good condition has been disassembled, deep cleaned and reassembled with the help of Renzo and Andrea. The engine, which already was well have been replaced spark plugs, filters, gaskets, clutch cylinder and the review of the entire electrical system. Once reassembled the machine the next step will be to monitor the seals of the doors, and replacement of some parts of interior upholstery
[Image: 8.jpg][Image: 10.jpg]
May 2009 ?
Ok jobs that I had set out to do has been done with a very satisfactory: complete restructuring of the chassis, revised dampers, brackets and steering, electrical revision, revision of the plant fuel inlet, the partial revision of the motor ( Replacement filters, spark plugs, hoses, gaskets, new water pump, new radiator copper) cleaning and overhaul of components in fiberglass, full and deep cleaning of all items removed, all operations are described in the Photo Gallery. L 'cars fell from the bridge May 15, after 4 months, has been tested on long journeys as the rallies in Verona, long, or the Cup of the Hill, at no cost.
[Image: 11.jpg][Image: 12.jpg]
[Image: 5583.gif]
Thanks for posting up your pictures and story. You lok to have a very nice car there, and i'm sure it will give you a lot of fun. Welcome to the forum!
Chris
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
welcome Smile
-------------------------
- Dave Smith

VIN: #00944 DOC: #535
VIN: #03193