Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Website
Yeah I know what you mean, I was a bit hesitant in spending money on it, but once I had it installed and started using it, I liked it that much I went out and bought other IP applications until I ended up with the whole suite. Big Grin

While the cost of the software is a one off cost, they do charge a 6 monthly renewal fees to have access to support and upgrades. My yearly renewal totals £130, which might seem like a lot at first glance, but I write it off over 12 months it's about $10.84 a month, and I know for a fact I spend more than that a month on junk I don't really need Tongue

Anyway, since this is a suggestion section, how about changing the new post icon? Instead of having it flash, have it static, I sometimes scroll straight past sections with new posts in simply because the gif is in the off position as I roll past it. Plus, animated gif's are a bit 1990's style web desgin ***says the hypocrite who has flashing colon's on his site*** Tongue
VIN# 04708, Grey interior, 5 speed, October 1981
DOC 649
ex DOC 562
LoL, yeah I know what you mean. But how do you show an indicator without it flashing?
You must have your scroll wheel in analogue mode at 19 Million DPI not to see them! lol
I suppose if that was an issue for people, I could speed up the flashing. I think it does look better to be honest. 90's or not Wink
There will be a few changes done to the forum anyway. Mike has done an excellent job so far.
The only problem with the layout of the current forum is that I didnt have complete autonomy when designing the buttons and layout.
Hence why we have custom made alerts, yet I didnt get chance to put up the new buttons I designed ie...Post Reply, NewTopic etc etc...
So its always looked a little "unfinished".
That should all change within the next month or two...IF.....we get some NEW articles written up for the website.
Id do them myself, but there's some areas I only know a little about, which isnt good enough to write a complete article. Such as Importing
DeLoreans and info on the Pilot Cars and Gold DeLoreans.
Once these have been done, and ive managed to finalize the structure and update the links, we'll have a new youthful "but easy to use" website.
Its coming on quite nicely so far. Im sure people will be pleased with the result. Although I do expect a few critisms.
Anyway, thats my chat over. Im drunk, so im going to bed! Big Grin
Paul Birks - DOC5 - Worksop
We could make the indicators just be a solid yellow colour to show new posts, maybe the new style for the forums i could make up 2 separate one's with different icon sets so people can choose if they want flashing or solid
DOC 527
Vin #10264
Yeah. Maybe just put it to a poll vote. and see what we get.
Paul Birks - DOC5 - Worksop
MikeH Wrote:We could make the indicators just be a solid yellow colour to show new posts, maybe the new style for the forums i could make up 2 separate one's with different icon sets so people can choose if they want flashing or solid
Yep, that's what I meant, solid yellow for new posts.
VIN# 04708, Grey interior, 5 speed, October 1981
DOC 649
ex DOC 562