Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sun-visors
malcy34 Wrote:ok..so DMC Texas on the parts page for sunvisors show a pic for Right hand side...with 2 visors....1 in up position the other down...and as far as i can tell the light grey goes toward the winscreen and the black bit shows in toward the cabin (when down)..

The parts manual is older than the car so it shows all the "early" stuff, except where a revision exists like the water pump piping.

Guinney1971 Wrote:I tend to have mine flipped towards the windscreen when I'm not using them, to me it looks neater.

...and the factory agreed with you, hence on the later cars they started installing them the other way around.

Once again, all you need to do it pull the metal bars out and swap them over. The visors themselves are exactly the same.
Martin Gutkowski
DeLorean Cars
http://www.delorean.co.uk
This is what my car looks like with the "backwards" sun-visors. I think, since there is not much chance of bleaching the felt in Scotland (not right now at least), i'll leave them as is, at least for a while. I think they look quite nice folded backwards. See what you think, and i open the floor to comments and discussion....

Both folded backwards
[Image: P1010159.jpg]

One forwards, and the other backwards
[Image: P1010161.jpg]

Outside view of the forwards folded visor
[Image: P1010160.jpg]
Rissy
(Forum Member 288)
(DOC Member 663)

May 1981 vin#1458 "LEX"
Grey, Flapped, Black
Chassis: #1073
Engine: #2839

Main Car(s):
2005 BMW M3 in Velvet Blue
2010 Honda Civic Type R in Sapphire Blue (1 of 115 made)
stunned_monkey Wrote:
Guinney1971 Wrote:I tend to have mine flipped towards the windscreen when I'm not using them, to me it looks neater.

...and the factory agreed with you

8) permission to engage smug mode? Mr Green
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
Hi all,

The sun visors were one of the many things that evolved during production by the looks of it. The 'offical' info on this from the concours guys goes like this:

Cars up to VIN #1791 have early style visors identified by vinyl side facing in when in stowed position.

Cars from VIN #1792 to #4200 should have later style visors identified by vinyl side facing out when in stowed position, but may have the early style visors.

Cars from VIN #4201 onwards have later style visors identified by vinyl side facing out when in stowed position.

Cheers,

Phil
1982 DeLorean VIN 12173 (a.k.a VIN 601)
1989 Alpine GTA V6 Turbo
I don't have this problem.
......I haven't got any Shock
:lol:
All you need is sun glasses Mr Green
Cheers
Martyn Reed
D.O.C#491
EX Vin# 6064
Mine has the vinyl facing the glass with the lining facing the occupant when pushed open.

Similar to Flopsy, but I can't fold my visors up against the headlining, they stow against the screen.

It might not be historically 'correct' but that's how they were when I got the car and I like them that way...
Richard H. DOC 365 VIN 1274
http://www.deloreans.co.uk
In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are not.
My sunvisors are always in the forward position ; since I'm 6"2 tall, they're in the way for me when they ar in the 'normal' position. Besides, I have a banner on the front windshield, so it doesn't matter ...
If you're gonna build a timemachine, why not do it with style !
http://www.deloreanclubbelgium.eu
I tend to drive with mine in the 'forward' position same as you Andy - but I'm only 5' 5" Wink
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
#3352's were the same as Lex's were. I pulled the bars out and flipped them.
Martin Gutkowski
DeLorean Cars
http://www.delorean.co.uk