Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Electric Window Weatherstripping
My car apparently (still to check fully myself) doesn't have the above as it was apparently an added thing that came later on in production after my car was built. I think the part no. is 106128 and 106129 and also prehaps part no. 101063 from the parts manual (found on the internet) and I was just wondering if any of the following would do for this job.

http://www.woolies-trim.co.uk/c-166-weatherstrip.aspx

I'm keen to try something with my windows cause everytime i use them, they pop out of their runners, needing attention to get them back in again. I'm told this is due to the lack of the weatherstripping, advised by the previous owner.

Cheers!
Rissy
(Forum Member 288)
(DOC Member 663)

May 1981 vin#1458 "LEX"
Grey, Flapped, Black
Chassis: #1073
Engine: #2839

Main Car(s):
2005 BMW M3 in Velvet Blue
2010 Honda Civic Type R in Sapphire Blue (1 of 115 made)
hmmm........ I'm sure RichH or someone had a similar problem, but I cant honestly remember
the fixed - Rich - you out there mate?

My car had a problem whereby the window would go up the outside of the main window, and
was a sod to fix (plus cue lacerated wrists....)
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
Guinney1971 Wrote:hmmm........ I'm sure RichH or someone had a similar problem, but I cant honestly remember
the fixed - Rich - you out there mate?

My car had a problem whereby the window would go up the outside of the main window, and
was a sod to fix (plus cue lacerated wrists....)

Yeah, this the problem i'm having too. All be it, on the drivers side, mostly. The passenger doesn't seem as bad, but perhaps thats just cause its used less?! :-)
Whatever i'd do to the drivers side though, i'd naturally do to the passenger side too. Symmetry again! LOL!
My wee windows in all, seem VERY floppy in nature when used. No confidence that they wont suddenly POP out altogether and smash on the ground!
Rissy
(Forum Member 288)
(DOC Member 663)

May 1981 vin#1458 "LEX"
Grey, Flapped, Black

Main Car(s):
Whilst the Woolies trim looks very similar, it doesnt have the steel clips which hold the delorean ones in place. I replaced mine because they had gone brittle and cracked.

If yours are in place then it's not very likely to be the cause of your problem. Much more probable is that your window runners are out of alignment. You say your window wobbles about? - That's a good sign that the adjusters/mountings have worked loose.

Sadly these are a 'mare to set up since not only will the door pressings slash your arms to bits, but there seems to be an infinite combination of positions that the runners can be set.

It's really a job that has to be done be 'feel' and a LOT of faffing about. :roll:
Richard H. DOC 365 VIN 1274
http://www.deloreans.co.uk
In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are not.
RichH Wrote:Whilst the Woolies trim looks very similar, it doesnt have the steel clips which hold the delorean ones in place. I replaced mine because they had gone brittle and cracked.

If yours are in place then it's not very likely to be the cause of your problem. Much more probable is that your window runners are out of alignment. You say your window wobbles about? - That's a good sign that the adjusters/mountings have worked loose.

Sadly these are a 'mare to set up since not only will the door pressings slash your arms to bits, but there seems to be an infinite combination of positions that the runners can be set.

It's really a job that has to be done be 'feel' and a LOT of faffing about. :roll:

Cheers for that info. Its a job for sometime in the future as I'll need some time to take door panel trim off etc to see whats what with the mechanisms etc. Since i'm a newby to DeLoreans, it'll be done once i've got a bit more confidence with taking the car apart! My solution right now, especially since i'm in Scotland, is simply not to mess around with the windows very much. I'll leave them closed for the most part right now. I'm just thinking about things i'm after doing to the car, getting ideas etc. There are many things i know about which i want to give attention with my new car, and i'm sure many i have no idea about....yet, too. :-) she's a long term project anyway. I'm sure i'll start displaying pics of items of the car i'm seeking for asistance from you guys on. So watch this space! lol!
Rissy
(Forum Member 288)
(DOC Member 663)

May 1981 vin#1458 "LEX"
Grey, Flapped, Black

Main Car(s):
Both outer seals were replaced for new ones after a trip to houston in 2003.

The reason the windows pop off their runners is the runners need adjusting, and because it's an early car, the glass is held very badly in the carrier and ideally needs removing and re-gluing - I've had a lot of success doing this on other early cars.

The weather stripping that's "missing" is the furry stuff on the inside that always comes off and most people just peel it off and throw it away. As long as the slip-on stuff along the guide is still there, the window should go in fine.

I really do know my old car very very well Wink Sorry for the slow resonses, but I dont spend much time on this forum and have been away for a week as well.
Martin Gutkowski
DeLorean Cars
http://www.delorean.co.uk