Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Evesham Festival, 11-13 June 2010
Following on from the great sucess of this years festival which unfortunately due to the
weather got moved from June to August, the organisers announced that they have
secured funding for this event for the next three years.

This event is completely free to attend, with free on site camping, and lots to see and do
for all the family.

The organisers are promising even more stuff for next year, in addition to the hot air balloons,
classic cars, fairground and the famous night glow.

Evesham is very easy to get to, with good access from the M42 and M5, and is centrally
located in beautiful Worcestershire, and the event is held on Crown Meadow right on the banks
of the River Avon.

We look forward to seeing you there! Smile
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
This is the email I had the other day from David, the organiser:

Hi Folks,

Thank you very much for attending the event at Evesham over the weekend of 21st to 23rd August. The weather held for us this time and made the planning of the last 12 months, and especially the last 8 weeks or so since its re scheduling, very well worth while. At the time I am so busy, first on the gate and then photographing the event for publicity purposes, that even though there I don't get time to see the event properly. On reflection it was a great success and, according to the council, one of the best given the time we had to re arrange the event.

The vehicles gave a British flavour to the show this year – Vauxhall, Austin 8 & 10, Mini, Triumph, Piper, DeLorean, Rochdale, Ford, Lotus, Merlin, Panther and MG. The American Auto Club and the motorbike enthusiasts were, as always very welcome as well. Thank you to all who came, I have probably forgotten some in the list, those who I knew were coming and those who surprised me by turning up on the day. I will always find room for all who come to the event.

The balloons eventually took off on an early evening flight once the wind had dropped. Earlier they did try but it was too breezy for them. It was a good opportunity to see the balloons so close and realise just how large they really are.

The highlight of the event was the night glow. This year it was better than ever. The timing was absolutely perfect and the choice of music went well. The fireworks were also special this year with Celebration Fireworks displaying on the back of coming runners up in a national competition. The comments I received about the night displays were once again very positive. The balloons and fireworks will return next year.

Visitor numbers were up on last year when we had an estimated 12000 attend. I have never seen the car park fill up so fast, it was full by 11:00 on Saturday and remained full all day.

The event returns to its regular June weekend next year, lets hope the weather behaves itself this time. The dates are Friday 4th to Sunday 6th June 2010 with a full programme promised for both Saturday and Sunday. Friday is arrival day from midday onwards for those who can make it.

I hope I will see many of you again next year.

Regards,

David.
Hey Claire.....

So sorry I let you down on this event at the last minute this year..... as a matter of fact, i did 1 show all year!

Back with avengence next year, so i'm in.... thats a guarantee! xxxxx

You had your littleun yet? Baby seat in the D? Smile

Ben
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi Ben,

I've had an email from the organisers, and they've had to put it back a week, so it now
clashes with the DOC-UK Summer Meet at Chirk in Shropshire Sad
Do we know if there will be any DeLorean's attending this event this year?

I'll probably be going anyway, as its such a lovely show, but knowing a D will be there will make it even more exciting.
Richard Voisey

DOC Member 215

=W=
Um, was hoping for some sort of reply.Sad

Any information requested.
Richard Voisey

DOC Member 215

=W=
Guess not, as no one has replied. Probably most will be at Chirk that weekend.

Chris
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
I think Ben Lee Matthews was a possible for this, but dont know for sure.
Just to clarify, the old date is in the main title of this thread, Evesham is on the 11/12/13 June.
Richard, you're very welcome to attend the DOC event even for one day, I'm sure a ride in a Delorean could be arranged too.
Stu
DOC 116
VIN 6237
I cant work out how to change an original thread title, which is why it
still says 4-6 June, rather then 11-13 June.
Done Big Grin
Richard H. DOC 365 VIN 1274
http://www.deloreans.co.uk
In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are not.