Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NEC CLASSIC CAR SHOW 2009
Just a reminder....I will be taking a static display to the NEC of exhaust systems.

One with the stock system, with a cut away silencer and monted above it, one of the fancy stainless one's from stainless-exhaust.com in Nottingham. For any member who is thinking of changing their system it could be interesting......to see where so much HP is drained away!

Plus I will endevor to get some sort of "show discount" for anyone ordering one at the NEC.
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota Vitz 4X4 1999 (the smallest 4X4 by far!)
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
I am very pleased to say that I have agreed a deal with Don Pemberton of Stainless Steel exhausts, to a great discount for the Stainless System ......normally £728 plus vat.......but the "NEC - D.O.C. show special" will be available at £680 plus vat!

Flyers will be available on the stand and you will need to quote a special reference number. This deal will extend until Friday 20th November. ( a week after the show). This is especialy great when you consider what has happened to the cost of Stainless Steel during the last few months.

These quality systems will probably never be available again at this price.
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
great news Chris - just wish I could afford one at the moment, but the funds I'm waiting
on still havent materialised and I doubt they will before the 20th Sad
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
Top stuff chris. One of the many benefits of proper club membership :wink:

Chris
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
Claire,
I wouldn't expect a delivery of such a system in a rush!
Last time he made a special batch for us, it took several months to get the last few made. By the very nature of these things, he has to fit them around "regular full paid work".

I'm sure that an order with a modest deposit would be valid for a good while.

Don is on Holiday at the moment but I recon a quick chat with him, on or before the 20th and you could work something out mutualy acceptable.
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
A little off topic but here goes.

I am attending the show on the saturday, and was wondering would anyone be interested in, or mind me turning up as David Tennant's Doctor?

I can think of some rather amusing photo opportunities with a DMC is all...

And perhaps it will raise the viewing figures for the next special, which will be shown on the Sunday of the show.

Any feedback appreciated - looking forward to seeing the members and cars.
Richard Voisey

DOC Member 215

=W=
richardv Wrote:A little off topic but here goes.

I am attending the show on the saturday, and was wondering would anyone be interested in, or mind me turning up as David Tennant's Doctor?

I can think of some rather amusing photo opportunities with a DMC is all...

And perhaps it will raise the viewing figures for the next special, which will be shown on the Sunday of the show.

Any feedback appreciated - looking forward to seeing the members and cars.

Fine with me Big Grin I'm sure no one would have any objections...Dont expect the cars to be Tardis like inside though.

Chris
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
Decided not to risk ruining the outfit due to the weather.

Congrats to everyone for another fantastic stand - the rolling chassis really sets it off.

I'll try and post some pics soon.
Richard Voisey

DOC Member 215

=W=
Well what a great (long) weekend at the NEC. By all accounts a record attendance and certainly judging by the DOC stand that was packed to the rafters, especially on Saturday, I would not doubt this. With record new members and regalia sales for the DOC.
I would like to give a huge thank you to all the DOC members (old & new) who came along to show their support for the club, the huge amount of positive feedback from the existing club members shows that we are getting something right. I would also like to give a special thanks to Tony and John for giving up their weekend (again) to show superb and very clean :wink: cars, along with Lee for supplying the rolling chassis (an amazing restoration and show attraction) Plus DaveH for yet again suppling the stand and time and effort to build it and remove it, along with all the club members for giving up the time to man the stand and answer the seemingly endless questions.
Again Huge thanks to all it's an event like this that shows what a great club we have and that everything we do is worthwhile, bringing the car to the publics attention. Just a couple of pictures from before the show opened.[ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND][ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND]
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
Here Here Chris, great show and the stand looked fabulous.

Was good to catch up with Chris, Clare and John albeit briefly ! That hall was definately the best place to be and it took me and my mate almost 2 hours to get round it !

Well done to all for the effort put in getting us represented, it doesn't go unnoticed

Robin
Robin Simpson
DOC300
Loughborough
Cool pics guys. Some work has went into that frame, it looks stunning
Vin #4087
An odd request.

I was looking around the show, and at a Morgan Aeromax in particular, when I was asked to be interviewed by an older gentlemen ON CAMERA about the car.

Even though I had my DOC fleece on, he asked me about the Morgan, I said something along the lines of "It's nice, its got curves in the right places" etc.

I also "bigged-up" the DOC, and told him if I wanted a classic car it would obviously be a DeLorean.

I was wondering - does anyone know who or what this camera crew was filming for? Perhaps the show's website?

I'm interested in seeing if my interview got saved, let alone used at all.

Any help appreciated.
Richard Voisey

DOC Member 215

=W=
Just to add my 2pth (hard to get time to get online whilst looking after Kezia), we had a
great weekend, and whilst I was dubious about taking a 5 week old baby to the show, she
was fine and seemed to be a big hit with the punters :lol:

The stand was great, it was nice to have one that was big enough so that people could move
around the cars easily, and also see the media wall clearly too.

I'm afraid I didnt get time to see any of the show, as the DOC Stand was so busy, but it
was certainly heaving with visitors, so I think I would have struggled to get round with the
pram anyway.

I've got plenty of pics on my camera, just need to upload them.

Richard - its possible that you were interviewed by Classic Gear or one of the other Classic
Car programmes that are aired on various channels like ITV4, etc.

It was nice to see so many members, and also some blasts from the past including Ian Titley,
and also Dan Willis, Robin Simpson, and many more besides.

Roll on 2010!! Big Grin
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
What a great show and club stand again this year. The rolling chassis was stunning, and it was nice to finally see vin 510 in person (and to sit in it too...thanks Chris) Big Grin
Thanks to everyone who helped, see you next year.
Stu
DOC 116
VIN 6237
Just a reminder about the Stainless Exhaust sytems. I was chatting with Don, (the owner of the firm) the other day and told him I have had quite a few comments from members saying the timing was not good to buy an SS Ex. systemn just as we were approaching the expensive build up to Christmas.

He has agreed that if it is heplfull to members, any orders placed before Christmas, accompanied by a £50 deposit will not be completed untill the end of Jan/Feb 2010. This gives us all time to re-gather our financies and still bag a bargin!

Contact Don on 01623-552262. or visit www.stainless-exhaust.com
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian