Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DYNO Results
A bit late in getting these up, but out of interest really I have attached the Dyno results that were done up in Norfolk, if the others that were done at the same time wish to add theres then please do.
As most of you know the car had an engine change due to a faulty block, basically it looks the same however has Volvo higher compression pistons and the correct cams/fuelling set up for a Volvo260. Unfortunatly still running a standard (de-cat) exhaust though. Would be nice to fit the performance exhaust and test on the same rig when this is done to see the difference.
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
interesting stuff Chris - am I right in thinking your car was the most powerful one there?

I've never understood dyno figures, and what they mean by at 'the wheel' or at 'the flywheel' -
when you see a car's performance figures, and someone says "its 260bhp", what exactly
do they mean by that, and how would that compare to BHP?

Can you explain to me in laymans terms please Chris?
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
Guinney1971 Wrote:interesting stuff Chris - am I right in thinking your car was the most powerful one there?

I've never understood dyno figures, and what they mean by at 'the wheel' or at 'the flywheel' -
when you see a car's performance figures, and someone says "its 260bhp", what exactly
do they mean by that, and how would that compare to BHP?

Can you explain to me in laymans terms please Chris?

It was the most powerful there although Dan Staceys was not to far behind. I cant remember of the top of my head the power everything had, I'm told NickT has a list showing the different power outputs with different set-ups. (Autos/manual/exhaust's Etc) Perhaps he could post this up?
As I understand it it's basically power at the flywheel i.e. before the gearbox and any other potential loss in the drivetrain. And then the actual BHP at the driven wheels with all the losses. I think the loss was about 35% between the power output of the engine and the actual power at the wheels. Again probably the best way to compare is for the list of the ones done to be put up as I cant remebr what the difference in Autos was.
Chris
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
Hi Chris,

Good numbers from your setup there then. I bet you'd get another 10-20 bhp from the stainless exhaust system.

I must come over and see you again with maddie.

Here were my dyno figures on a different rig a while back with the stainless exhaust but pretty much the same engine bits. You'll see I have a drop in the power curve around the 3,000 - 4,000 rpm range. Would still love to sort that curve out.... just time and money Wink
Stuart
VIN# 5641 "Maddie"
DOC 414
Ware, Herts. UK

[Image: signature.jpg]

Emagine Productions

W: www.emagineproductions.co.uk
Just had chance to scan these in.

NOTE: Automatic Car. Auto transmision fuse removed to default to 3rd gear.
All power runs done in 3rd gear only.

Standard Car. Setup to OEM settings (+ brass screws adjustment for idle stabilisation) + CAT BYPASS + 4 WIRE O2 SENSOR.

I was pretty happy with this and the air to fuel curve was spot on too (pity I didn't get printouts of these). Big Grin
Whoops.... I actually forgot to post mine lol

http://www.emagineproductions.co.uk/delorean/Dyno.htm

Stu
Stuart
VIN# 5641 "Maddie"
DOC 414
Ware, Herts. UK

[Image: signature.jpg]

Emagine Productions

W: www.emagineproductions.co.uk
The pics of the results seems to have gone missing !

Nick.