Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Drivers side mirror glass
Can anybody help me, I really need a drivers side mirror glass and possibly a rear fog light switch or a switch with no decal on it to match the normal DMC centre console switches.
I have been trying to get these from DMC europe now for about 5 weeks, and am basically getting no where. I thought I had a mirror waiting for me when I got home today but found it was a passenger side one! having already booked my MOT for wednesday!!

Anybody help? If I can get a mirror I can still get it mot'ed as I can possibly get away with the fog light switch becuase Ed has sent me a renault one, it doesnt really fit as its too long, if I fit it where the other switches are in the centre console I cant actually switch it, it wont move because there is not enough room for it. But I could have that hanging out of the hole for the MOT and sort it at a later date.
Phil,

sorry to hear you are having problems with getting the right bits for your car.

Have a word with RichH, the DOC-UK Technical Advisor, as I'm sure he had to get
a mirror glass for his car (or he'll remember who did and where it came from), plus he's
very knowledgeable on electronics and will be able to point you in the direction of a
proper switch - in fact he may even have one Smile

Good luck,
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
Try a local glass place. Some will cut a mirror for you. If you have a template or the remnants of the old one for reference.

Had this done when on Holiday in Portugal a few years back when some **** hit the mirror of our VW Sharan hire car. VW wanted £50! Local
glass place £2Mr Green
Very unlikely that the hire people would ever notice the heated mirror
did not work in Portugal :wink: . No problem on the D as heated mirrors
not fitted.

Nick
DOC 650
Jaguar X-Type
Range Rover Sport SDV6 "Rufus" (Mrs H's motor)
DeLorean DMC 12 Vin#2862

My other hobby...
http://www.lccuk.org.uk/
mine were made up a few years back, so i wpuld go down that route TT
DOC398
VIN#3484
Tourettes Tutor
I have the X factor
Phil, I have a drivers mirror glass spare, PM sent.
DOC 116
VIN 6237
Thanks for the idea guys. I have had a mirror made up today at a glass/mirror suppliers not far from me. Quick and cheap!!
Thanks again.
It might be worth having a poke around your local scrappy for a suitable fog-light switch. I've definitely seen something similar in the past, possibly Renault but I can't say for sure.

If you get a small, non-fitting one you could always secrifice one of your 'blank' switches and cut a mounting hole in it?

I recently had some bits from Europa Spares near Burton (though for another car, not the Delorean) and they do do some generic switches and stuff:

www.europaspares.com

Good lcuk for the MOT!
Richard Hanlon
Derbyshire
DOC 393

1981 DMC-12 VIN 06126
I'm sure I read somewhere, the Saab switch was the same, worth a look maybe!
[Image: DeloreanSig.jpg]