Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BBC at Fleetwood
Hey folks,

Spot the geek in these pics from yesterday...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/local/lancashire/ ... 158651.stm

Big Grin
Cool, you got the insurance sorted out then Scot. Did you go with Adrian Flux in the end?

I think you could be the youngest owner/driver in the club now Big Grin
VIN: 6511
Hi Dan,

I went with Hagerty in the end as they were the only people who would do it at all - Adrian Flux and AON said no chance as well as numerous others. Worked out a brilliant deal really. And I spoke to Dave H a few days after I got it sorted only to find out he's just had all of his insured with them too! Aparently theyre the biggest DeLorean insurer in the USA so the world aswell I guess. I recommend them to anyone whose renewing theres anytime soon.

As for being the youngest owner/driver I know I'm one of the youngest thats for sure, not sure about the youngest. Don't suppose the club have any records of peoples driving ages?

Cheers!
Scott
Congrats Scott,

So glad to see you got the car back together in time to enjoy the show and DRIVING it :wink: Mr Green

Well done mate....next stop a visit down south in it?

Regards
D
VIN 4532

DOC-574
it was a good day out Scott, and it was great to meet you at long last Smile

I know we've had a few people in the past buying cars around 18 yrs of age, but not sure
who counts to date as the youngest driver.

I think it would be somewhere between you, Tom McAuley, Phil Peters and Darren Cunningham -
I'm sure there was another young owner too, his name escapes me just now, but I *think* he
owned #5255 which Chris Hawes bought off him about 8 years ago.

If you or John organise are any more events in the North West, give us a shout, and we'll
try and come up Smile
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
Strange that Adrian Flux said no. I'm with them and so is Mike Cole (mec) both of us are classed as boy racers in their eyes :wink:

Anyway great pics, it looked like it was a good event.
VIN: 6511
Great pics and properly well done mate on getting insured!! Dreams do come true haha! Big Grin
Kind Regards,
Jonny Jones
DOC #530
--------------------------
http://www.carpromos.co.uk
Good stuff!! Cool pic!
Claire, you're spot on. I bought my car from Stuart Pennington Jan '02 and I remember that his main DeLorean, an auto he has had since he was 19! Last I heard he still owns it...
Regards,

Chris Hawes
DOC 138
Ex owner of VIN 5255 Grey, 5-speed
Chris Hawes Wrote:Claire, you're spot on. I bought my car from Stuart Pennington Jan '02 and I remember that his main DeLorean, an auto he has had since he was 19! Last I heard he still owns it...

lol, I'm such a geek!! hahaha - and is it really that long since you got your car!! Jeez, hasn't
time flown by Shock

Catch up soon,
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
Yep Stuart still has it.

Still MOT's it every year, doesnt drive it much though at the moment.