Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Want 5 minutes of DeLorean related entertainment?
This weekend I competed in a 48 Hour Film Challenge (this is what I needed the time-travel props for - in the end we had a great art director who created some great flashing props!)

Thanks to Dan for being the resident D consultant on set yesterday - cleanliness and set up of my car is all down to him

Just for info - how the challenge works is that you get given a title and a genre on Friday at 7pm and you have to write, plan, resource, shoot, edit and deliver a film by 7pm Sunday. We just got ours in in time...

Our title was: I Just Can't Understand

And the genre was: sci-fi.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2FeReBwTVZk
VIN 7176
DOC 643
You can now embed Youtube vids.
Like this: [code][YouTube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2FeReBwTVZk[/YouTube][/code]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2FeReBwTVZk[/youtube]

Cool. Bit strange though.
Paul Birks - DOC5 - Worksop
Hi Gez,

Looks almost profess-tional :wink:

No really, very well done in the time you had.

PS The 11th was a Saturday, but I'm sure you knew that.

Kind regards
D

PPS, have you checked me out on imdb yet?...we're still filming, spent last week in stage W at Shepperton (the green screen stage) shooting more stuff for CGI. Took a sneak look at the "Nottingham" stage (the new Robin Hood with Russell Crowe) absolutely amazing.
VIN 4532

DOC-574
Darren C Wrote:Hi Gez,

Looks almost profess-tional :wink:

No really, very well done in the time you had.

Cheers! I'm actually making a new version at the moment making the end and the progression a bit clearer. It's a bit rushed at the mo...

Darren C Wrote:PS The 11th was a Saturday, but I'm sure you knew that.

Ah but this is set in the near future! So it could be July 11th, 20?? (To be fair you only know it's in the near future because of oblique references to the new London Bridge, and the Super Skyway on the radio, which is also an oblique BTTF reference)

Darren C Wrote:PPS, have you checked me out on imdb yet?...we're still filming, spent last week in stage W at Shepperton (the green screen stage) shooting more stuff for CGI. Took a sneak look at the "Nottingham" stage (the new Robin Hood with Russell Crowe) absolutely amazing.

What do you mean? Have you not checked ME out?! lol

Yes, some of those sets are incredible. I was kicking about on the set of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory a couple of years back at Pinewood - huge...

By the way, like the way that you're down as 'Art Department' on Nanny Mcphee!
VIN 7176
DOC 643
Art Dept........ it's a "Luvvie" thing :wink:

So when can we expect the directors cut and Cannes launch of the reshoot?
:roll:

Regards
D
VIN 4532

DOC-574
Quote:By the way, like the way that you're down as 'Art Department' on Nanny Mcphee!

Wheres my mention as spoke cleaner and free food consumer Darren?! Tongue :wink:
Hi Scott,

log on imdb and submit a CV (I think they have a catering section...sub section "food taster") :lol:

How's the resto going matey?

Regards
D
VIN 4532

DOC-574
haha 'food grabbing student' more like :p

I'll send you some pics soon regarding the restoration Darren, a few more jobs ticked off the list. Im on the road and doing the Fleetwood show this Sunday, I'll probably do a write up for it in the next mag.