Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Induction kits?
Hi all, not sure if this has been mentioned before (probably has) but how many of you actually use air induction kits on your engines? I mean im sure they would have to be bespoke in some way? Just wondering really, surely would increase performance, if only by a couple of bhp.
Kind Regards,
Jonny Jones
DOC #530
--------------------------
http://www.carpromos.co.uk
Not really as the Bosch K Jet uses an air metering system. If you try and force more air in it really only adds more fuel.

(However I have put my crash helmet on for the beating I'm going to get around the head from the other 2 Big Grin )

However I'm sure one has been tested and it added nothing BHP wise to the car.
Ahh right, cheers for clearing it up mate Smile
Kind Regards,
Jonny Jones
DOC #530
--------------------------
http://www.carpromos.co.uk
hi

there is a delorea at the moment on ebay USA.

the intake system has been modified, but a can't really see why.

have a look at ebay.com.

Also question for Daniel, if you were to install a nitrous jet into the intake, i assume the metering system would not add enough fuel?.

can nitrous/fuel be injected into the intake (such as the street blaster) or perhaps 4 jets (2 fuel/2 nitrous each side) into the 'horn'.

what bhp would the stock engine go to safely!. i would guess 175-200 perhaps?.

i also wondered if you could inject the nitrous into the intake, then fire up the cold start valve to pump in more fuel...i know a bit of trial and error!.
as long as none is in there when you start up.

Regards

steve
Steve Saunders
Wolverhampton
ex owner vin 1621
doc 370
Daniel Shane Wrote:Not really as the Bosch K Jet uses an air metering system. If you try and force more air in it really only adds more fuel.

(However I have put my crash helmet on for the beating I'm going to get around the head from the other 2 Big Grin )

However I'm sure one has been tested and it added nothing BHP wise to the car.

As you said Dan...

If you do want to add 'sporty' induction air filters, don't put them on cars that have a thin wire air mass meter as the oil from the air filter will contaminate it causing out of calibration or failure. This and they don't filter the air as well.

If you do want to add one add a panel filter as the basic cone ones draw in the hot air under the engine bay whereas you need cooler air.

My money would go ona new exhaust as this is one area where it is inneficient on this car.

NickT.

ps I bet you look manly in the crash helmet - like American chopper 8)
"Induction kits" are usually placed in direct air flow at the fron tof the car.... but let's face it, all people really want is more induction noise. Stick a filter on the top of the engine if you want that.

It's a 2.8 litre engine. At 3000 rpm, it's using 71 litres of air every second. I don't think it hangs around long enough in the engine bay to get hot, and we recommend letting the stock air box draw from the engine bay rather than through the original pipework.

I can see the argument for not using re-oilable filters on an air mass metered engine, however it's usually the first mod on every Skyline owner's list, and I've never read any complaints. And FWIW the standard intake on the 280hp engine is smaller than the bottom of the air box on a DeLorean Smile
Martin Gutkowski
DeLorean Cars
http://www.delorean.co.uk