Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Matching Green
Hello everyone,

I am thinking of taking my car along to Matching Green on Sunday. Do say hello if anyone else is coming along.

All the best

Steve Thompson

Vin1271
Hiya,

I think Stuart Nicholls and some of the Herts/Essex members will probably go to this, they
do most years (as I did in 2005 when I still lived 'daan saaf') Big Grin

Just noticed your vin - only three away from RichH, our DOC-UK Technical Advisor! Where
did your car come from? Did you import it or buy it in the UK?

Cheers,
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
Hi Steve

I am in Bishops Stortford on Sunday with my car at a school fete until prob around 4, maybe we could meet up after or something?

Not sure if you have any info on who owned your car from new etc..but here is a link to the DeLorean Musuem which shows your vin.

http://www.deloreanmuseum.org/ownerinfo1001-1500.asp

It says they have a warranty card and original buyer info for your car which you can purchase.
Hey guys,

Yes - I think I remember talking to you Claire - I can't believe that it was 4 years ago! I remember at that time I had this weird idea of sticking a Wankel Rortary engine inside a Delorean! (I believe this has since been done). Since then I've come round to the fact that it might not be a good idea :?

I bought the Car via Martin G from a guy who had moved back to the states. It has been wrapped up in storage since the mid 90's and I think was shipped over in about 1990. Its not in bad nic'. Black interior & auto box.

A - thanks for the info on my car. I would love to meet up, but I'm going away for a week straight after the show so can't do it then. Perhaps there might be another opportunity over the summer.

Heres hoping the weather holds....

Cheers

Steve
I went to matching green last year and won this prize:

[Image: award.jpg]
VIN: 6511
Nice one Dan

Not sure my car will be much of a threat to the competition this year, but should be a nice day out though.

S
Dan1986 Wrote:I went to matching green last year and won this prize:

[Image: award.jpg]

Best sports car lol dan :lol: :lol: TT
DOC398
VIN#3484
Tourettes Tutor
I have the X factor
Yeah I think the judges thought it was a good car.
They did a quiz in the arena called "A Question of Sports Cars" or summat when we all went
in 2005, and it ended up being the DOC-UK versus the Hot Rod's - we won!! Big Grin

I've still got the DVD of Matching Green 2005, will have to dig it out and watch it again sometime Smile
This is the delorean bit off the dvd: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMYXh5khC...&index=145
ah cool, gosh that brings back memories!! I wonder if the 'question of sports cars' is somewhere
on t'internet Smile

As Stu said, we took the hot rod boys! lol
Quote:A - thanks for the info on my car. I would love to meet up, but I'm going away for a week straight after the show so can't do it then. Perhaps there might be another opportunity over the summer

No problem, yes there definitely will be!
My dad went there today and saw one delorean there apparently. I assume he saw Steves. Did anymore show up throughout the day? Any pics?
Dan1986 Wrote:This is the delorean bit off the dvd: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMYXh5khC...&index=145

Bloody hell..... that really does bring back some memories!!!!
Stuart
VIN# 5641 "Maddie"
DOC 414
Ware, Herts. UK

[Image: signature.jpg]

Emagine Productions

W: www.emagineproductions.co.uk