Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
back in oz....
G'day folks, 8)

Well it was deffo worth the trip back to blighty for norfolk, having not seen most of you for a good 3years, catching up on those delorean stories, meeting new mates, and showing people my motor as i had forgotten untill reminded that i did'nt take my car to the lotus event :!:

Dont think i'll be there next year but i have the 2011 Ireland trip pencilled in Big Grin

And a nice note to end on, for any of you who know of those who mock us on our cars reliability,

my car had been in storage for 3years, blew up the tyres, pumped in some new fuel and she fired up 1st time....
mot, failed on a number plate light out!!
then stright into a trip to norfolk....all in all i done just over 600 miles in 2weeks in my delorean before putting her back to bed,
and she never missed a beat.......
Regards

Craig

doc246
vin 2927
reg ex uk IIL 3335
reg oz BTTF
Hi Craig,

glad your car didnt let you down Smile Any plans to import her to Oz, or are you gonna keep
her in Blighty?

Be great to see you at Eurofest in 2011, gonna be one heck of a DeLorean 30th Birthday Party! Big Grin
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
great to hear from you, but do yourself a favour dont move back here lol TT
DOC398
VIN#3484
Tourettes Tutor
I have the X factor
Hi Claire,

I had thought about importing the car out but at $8000 to get it here thats a bit steep for me! mainly the greedy australian government who want import duty...it does change when the vehicle gets to 30yrs old but its still paying alot for a car i already own!!

And i have no plans to move back but the mrs wants to so we'll see how that one works out!!! lol
Regards

Craig

doc246
vin 2927
reg ex uk IIL 3335
reg oz BTTF
AUS$8000!! heck, thats alot matey!! Shock

Well, with property prices dropping like a stone here, then it would be cheaper for you and
your good lady to come home this year - plus we're on for a bonzer barbeque summer, so
you wont need to adjust to the weather to much! lol

Good luck with whatever you decide, and we'll try and catch up with you next time your back.
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
Hi Craig,
Sorry I did not get to see you on this trip, glad you enjoyed your time over here in the UK.

Thanks again for your help in getting vin 510 to the UK. Much appreciated. If you catch up with Tony, tell him she is in good hands.

During its time at Chris N's, he found big number 10 transfers on the under-body, leading us to to believe that she was "Pilot 10" before she was vinned up as 510. Just another chapter in the history of these fascinating cars.

Vin 510 will be at the NEC this year for all to see.

See you next time you are in the UK.
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota Vitz 4X4 1999 (the smallest 4X4 by far!)
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
Quote:leading us to to believe that she was "Pilot 10"

Lol - she's definately not Pilot 10, as that was a Lotus build. 510 we believe has the 10th underbody cast in NI, which is early in it's own right.

The only thing that confuses me is that Pilot 25 has a big '25' on the side - implying that 510 body is earlier than 25, but 25 was officially tagged as a DMCL pilot.

Look forward to seeing 510 again on the stand...

Best regards

Darren
PJ Grady (Europe)
www.pjgrady.co.uk