Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Springs
We cruised over there about 70mph, and I came back about 90mph. Plus a lot of stopping and staring driving around up near Ed's place and the drive-outs to Welomed's house etc.

Even high 20s is a lot more than you would get out of a Corvette or something like that so you can't complain really and for their age.
VIN: 6511
jerzybondov Wrote:
Dan1986 Wrote:Remember Gez your speedo in the delorean under-reads so your millage will be less.

I never fill my delorean tank up so its hard for me to work it out but I didn't put much in it to do 900ish miles, I'm sure its doing 35mpg easily.

Yes - good point I'll need to get the speedo recalibrated first. Helpfully it extends the limited mileage allowance on the insurance at the moment though Big Grin

35mpg is very good if you're getting it. I don't think I've had that much from mine - it's cost me about £70 to do a round trip to Wales that would normally cost about £60 in the Mini so I reckon I'm getting high 20s perhaps. But it depends on how fast you go too Big Grin

I think dan does very well to get 35 to the gallon, Like yourself the best I have achived is high 20's, heavy right foot perhaps :wink:

Chris
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
Dan1986 Wrote:Even high 20s is a lot more than you would get out of a Corvette or something like that so you can't complain really and for their age.

No, absolutely. It was one of the factors that made me decide owning a D might even be a good idea in the first place... Having some 13mpg American beast is great but not if you can't go on any trips because it'll cost you £200 a go!

Considering its age the D is amazingly good on the fuel to be honest - it's better than the 1983 Volvo 360GLS I used to have, which only had a 95bhp 2.0l engine, so in context it's like a Prius or something Big Grin

Anyway, thread thoroughly derailed. Apologies. Maybe I need to tie in Dan's excellent fuel consumption due to decreased drag from low front end and buggered springs Smile
VIN 7176
DOC 643
Mine has always been good on fuel, and even better since its been set up properly. Its strange how they all vary a bit. Mike C did even better on fuel than me and he still has a cat.
VIN: 6511