Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DOC-UK Summer Event - Chirk, Shropshire, 11-13 June 2010
Just been editing the video over the past couple of days.
I've got more video coming my way to shove in there and tidy up a bit, but here's a quick slap together of the footage.
It's pretty long and will have to be broken up into 8 parts because of the size.
Sorry for the slightly poor quality as this has been run through an encoder one too many times.

Scroll down for full listing....
Paul Birks - DOC5 - Worksop
bjbrownie Wrote:Hi everyone, we had a great time at the weekend and it was nice to see other members of the club. 'ol stainless' (YFJ 251 X)had a good outing and apologies to whoever got stuck behind me going up Horseshoe Pass as my distributor had worked loose and was causing powerloss and a backfire-sorted now. We even made it on time to a friends wedding back on the Wirral! Brian +Carolyn 8)

hehe yeah it was backfiring quite abit. Still it was a good drive out
DOC 527
Vin #10264
brilliant video Paul, loved the shots of the cars going down the Horseshoe Pass with the sun glinting off of them.

Top work as always!! Big Grin
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
Okay. It's pretty much all here here now except for the new footage coming my way.
But you can now see the full weekend. Including most of the talks!
Bits of the talks missed should be available throught the live cam page as that event was recorded.

Part 1 of 8
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQP4mWaZOLU[/youtube]

Part 2 of 8
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TnUq-3BTNaE[/youtube]

Part 3 of 8
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sC5yrIp8IF4[/youtube]

Part 4 of 8
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EM_VeTYqrm4[/youtube]

Part 5 of 8
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9eQwo94x1w[/youtube]

Part 6 of 8
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YO1IYGTLhF0[/youtube]

Part 7 of 8
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBfryQBHi0A[/youtube]

Part 8 of 8
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UI1W9tCHJ1I[/youtube]

Sorry about the rubbish quality. It is in HD 'honest!' lol :lol:
The re-edited version will be much better.
Hey all.

A bit delayed in my input here since our event, been really busy getting myself back to Korea. So, i'm here now, and having trouble sleeping, so got some time at last! lol!

I just wanted to say that last weekend was awesome! Clare and I really enjoyed ourselves. I think Clare is becoming more of an avid supporter now. She even bought herself (as well as me) a DOC club poloshirt from Mary! Now that's progress! lol!

It was brilliant seeing as many DMC's in one place like that. A first for me. Also, it was really good finally putting some faces to those names. I have a better appreciation of who i have been, and will continue to talk to about all things DeLorean related. Big Grin

A big shout out to "The Two Dicks" and Welmoed from me for addressing my 2nd gear issue, and door/bonnet catch alignment, accordingly. It was much appreciated in both cases, and i think LEX has really benefited from the attention. Much smoother in all cases! 8)

Also, my attention has been put on some parts which seem to be missing from my car... An interesting challenge on top of all the other things LEX brings to me as a hobby car. :lol: (Martin, prepare for some more questions! lol!)

I managed to get LEX back to Edinburgh on the following Monday, and put her away nice and dry (after the torrential rain both on the way down the M6, AND the way back up - needless to say, i got wet in both cases, and discovered some more electrical anomolies due to the wet - LEX hates the rain! lol!) All in all, LEX covered 868 miles in 5 days, and has now an odometer reading of 28,054. (Was quite exciting passing through the 28K mark on my final approach to Edinburgh lol!)

My leaky radiator will have to wait until later in the year before i have a proper look, but since my return to Edinburgh, unexplainably, my water pump seems to have stopped leaking, at least for the timebeing!? Pressure related leak release in the radiator i suspect. So, roll on September for my return home for another holiday.

As for future events, i, and i think Clare (if not Clare, a friend called Kevin) will be most looking forward to Eurofest 2011 in Belfast. I'll be booking my time off for that sooner, rather than later. Should be awesome!

Finally, I took quite a few pics, and some video footage during the weekend, and plan to try and get these online as my time permits. I've never put video footage online before, so that will be a new experience for me. Paul, i think one of the vids i took at least, would be really cool to include in your edited version of the weekend you are putting together, as it has ALL our DMC's in it on top of the hill, all mentioned by licence plate. Whether its of any use to you or not, i'll try and get that online especially.
Rissy
(Forum Member 288)
(DOC Member 663)

May 1981 vin#1458 "LEX"
Grey, Flapped, Black
Chassis: #1073
Engine: #2839

Main Car(s):
2005 BMW M3 in Velvet Blue
2010 Honda Civic Type R in Sapphire Blue (1 of 115 made)
Yeah that sounds great. Raw hi quality video footage would be best if you could post me a disc or something. Rich H has also got some HD footage taken from with a camera mounted in his car which he should be sending me 'I think!'. All this should make for quite a nice event video. I'll make the guest talks as a seperate clip too.
Glad you got back ok despite the terrible weather. :wink:
hey Rissy, glad you and Clare had a good time and that Lex got back ok.

868 miles is some going, I "only" did 828 going to Eurofest in 2006, and that included a detour on the way home through the Lake District.

So, is your trophy in Scotland or with you in Korea? :wink:

There's plenty of events going on all year, when are you back in September? Should be able to find you an event or two to get to Big Grin

I'll be sure to check Facebook for your pics and vids Smile

Cheers,
Birksie Wrote:Yeah that sounds great. Raw hi quality video footage would be best if you could post me a disc or something. Rich H has also got some HD footage taken from with a camera mounted in his car which he should be sending me 'I think!'. All this should make for quite a nice event video. I'll make the guest talks as a seperate clip too.
Glad you got back ok despite the terrible weather. :wink:

The videos taken are all HD, and are of MTS extension. Incompatible with Facebook, at least at the moment. I gave Clare a copy of the pics and vids before i left the UK, so maybe she is the best person to put copies on to a DVD or something for you, and post them on down. I'll talk to her, and if you can pm your address, i'll see about getting Clare organised for that. The vids Clare took, while i was driving, are a bit rough, and bumpy, unfortunately (girls eh!? lol!) but the one vid i was originally mentioning (which i took), showing everyone's car's, by licence plates, is not too bad. Worth a look i think.
Rissy
(Forum Member 288)
(DOC Member 663)

May 1981 vin#1458 "LEX"
Grey, Flapped, Black

Main Car(s):
Guinney1971 Wrote:I'll be sure to check Facebook for your pics and vids Smile

Got some photos up now, but unfortunately, not vids. MTS extension of my vids is not compatible with Facebook. (Failed to upload)
Rissy
(Forum Member 288)
(DOC Member 663)

May 1981 vin#1458 "LEX"
Grey, Flapped, Black

Main Car(s):
You should have some free video editing software that came with your camera. You should be able to change the format from the MTS format to MP4 or MPEG2. Can be a bit time consuming re-rendering the footage though.
Birksie Wrote:You should have some free video editing software that came with your camera. You should be able to change the format from the MTS format to MP4 or MPEG2. Can be a bit time consuming re-rendering the footage though.

Now, thats a good idea! never thought of that! lol! Unfortunately, all my camera stuff, like software etc, is all in....erm...Edinburgh, i think. Either that, or Rugby. lol! i live such a confusing life a lot of the time!

I'm managing to uload videos to photobucket, so i can post links to them on here for people. Paul, i don't know if this is any use to you, or if you still want me to speak to Clare...
Rissy
(Forum Member 288)
(DOC Member 663)

May 1981 vin#1458 "LEX"
Grey, Flapped, Black

Main Car(s):
Here's a few videos i've managed to get on to photobucket. Not sure why, but i seem to have lost the sound. This is my first attempt ever at getting home movies on the internet, so no slagging! lol!

http://s817.photobucket.com/albums/zz98 ... =00006.mp4

http://s817.photobucket.com/albums/zz98 ... =00007.mp4

http://s817.photobucket.com/albums/zz98 ... =00005.mp4

You can also see my photos on my facebook page. I may get them on to photobucket too at some point.
Rissy
(Forum Member 288)
(DOC Member 663)

May 1981 vin#1458 "LEX"
Grey, Flapped, Black

Main Car(s):
Guinney1971 Wrote:So, is your trophy in Scotland or with you in Korea? :wink:

There's plenty of events going on all year, when are you back in September? Should be able to find you an event or two to get to Big Grin

My trophy has been kept in Edinburgh, with Lex (Although, the trophy is in the house, not the garage lol!)

I'm scheduled for a flight back to the UK on 16th Sept, which is just after my current insurance (with mileage allowance) runs out. I paid to be allowed to cover 3000 miles, but have only covered around 1475 miles, so i think for Sept onwards, i'm going to turn the mileage allowance down to the first marker, which is 1500 miles instead. Working in Korea just doesn't lend itself well to having much DMC contact time, and therefore mileage potential, unfortunately.
The point is, that if i want to still be able to use the car throughout the year, sept 2010 - sept 2011, then i'll have to be a bit more conscience of where and when i use it. Since i REALLY want to go to Eurofest in Befast in May, i think i might spend more time trying to get LEX's radiator leak fixed, and other such things when in the UK. I got away with my current problems in Chirk, but who knows how long before that luck may run out...

So..... lol! i think, in Sept, i'll forget trying to squeeze another venture out, and instead, opt for fixing up time. I think Clare, as much as she had a good time in Chirk, would prefer if we spent some time doing something different in September. Got to let her have a say in our precious little time together too (at least a wee bit lol!). It's difficult to keep a relationship together from different corners of the globe, so have to keep the girl sweet. :-)
Rissy
(Forum Member 288)
(DOC Member 663)

May 1981 vin#1458 "LEX"
Grey, Flapped, Black

Main Car(s):
no probs Rissy, and I can appreciate you wanting to keep the lady happy, a long distance relationship like that cant be easy.

I must admit, my speedo has been on 80,138 for nearly 2 1/2 years now, never got around to fixing the broken angle drive - I'll blame it on being pregnant and then looking after the baby lol :lol:

Seeya both in Belfast next year then! Big Grin
Guinney1971 Wrote:no probs Rissy, and I can appreciate you wanting to keep the lady happy, a long distance relationship like that cant be easy.

I must admit, my speedo has been on 80,138 for nearly 2 1/2 years now, never got around to fixing the broken angle drive - I'll blame it on being pregnant and then looking after the baby lol :lol:

Seeya both in Belfast next year then! Big Grin

CHEAT!!! Shock :wink:
Rissy
(Forum Member 288)
(DOC Member 663)

May 1981 vin#1458 "LEX"
Grey, Flapped, Black

Main Car(s):