Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DOC-UK Summer Event - Chirk, Shropshire, 11-13 June 2010
At least 2 from Wales, Me in 6237 and Ed Hammond in 1463 (although he's driving up from Winchester on the Friday)
DOC 116
VIN 6237
ah brill Stu, look forward to seeing you and Ed there Big Grin

Mike - Its for the evening TV news - I've set my V+ box to record it Wink

Chris, you could be right then, with up to 15 cars (or maybe more) arriving by Friday evening Smile
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
Hi All,

I'll be in late.
Have to visit a wheel factory in Wolverhampton.

Arrival scheduled for sometime around 5 pm.

Welmoed.
Welmoed

DCN #261
black VIN #6513 1981-11
Toyota Prius III 2009-07
Hi Welmoed, I think you will be there before us all the same Smile

BTW, the Beeb are asking if there Welsh Language speakers going? Stuart?

Our second guest speaker is also booked in too Big Grin
Guinney1971 Wrote:Its for the evening TV news - I've set my V+ box to record it Wink

Hi Claire,

Just wondered what time and channel?
BBC Wales?
Matt Goodliffe
Still dreaming the dream.
DOC 669
Honda Civic S

Delorean Savings Progress
██████████████████████████████████████████████████ 38%
I've set it for the BBC Wales 6.30 news, plus the one after the late news
bulletin and also the ones on Saturday.

Cant remember the channel number I'm afraid - and still getting used to the
Virgin Media set up having had Sky for years.
.... news just in Smile

DOC-UK stalwarts Malc and Gaye Lomas have changed their plans and will be joining the East Midlands convoy to Chirk on Friday afternoon Big Grin

Flopsy is now taxed, battery fully charged (amazing what difference a decent set of battery terminals make.... :roll: ) and is ready to get fueled up and then valeted by our local Lithuanian car wash Smile I'll be checking all the tyre pressures and fluids tho before we set off. I've even got Kezia's car seat fitted for her 8)
Guinney1971 Wrote:I've set it for the BBC Wales 6.30 news, plus the one after the late news

Can you ask them for a copy of the broadcast (for club info purposes)?

Welmoed.
Welmoed

DCN #261
black VIN #6513 1981-11
Toyota Prius III 2009-07
We'll be there Firday PM too...
Richard Hanlon
Derbyshire
DOC 393

1981 DMC-12 VIN 06126
WelmoedJ Wrote:
Guinney1971 Wrote:I've set it for the BBC Wales 6.30 news, plus the one after the late news

Can you ask them for a copy of the broadcast (for club info purposes)?

Welmoed.

It'll be easier for me to downloand it to DVD from my V+ box and post it to you.
Sky channel in 972.
Paul Birks - DOC5 - Worksop
Hope it goes well guys, sorry I can't make it. more problems lie ahead, renewal quote issues :evil: get pics on when you can Smile
Hi all, well myself, Phill and Helen got back to Nottinghamshire about an hour ago.

FANTASTIC WEEKEND!!!!!!!!!!!!! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Huge thanks to Mike and Mary for their hard work organising the majority of it, and thanks also to everyone that turned up, and especially everyone who came a long way, including Mart & Daisy, Welmoed, Chris & Claire, the Openshaw family, etc.

The weather (up until this afternoon) has been wonderful, although driving home in a monsoon and floods wasnt much fun, but the De's coped fine. Mike Henfrey convoyed back with us as far as the A38/A50 - hope you got home ok Mike, and everyone else.

I've got hundreds of pics to go through, I'll put most on the event page on Facebook and post a link on here - you should be able to see them (I think) even if you've not got a Facebook account.

Thank you to everyone who donated to the raffle and bought tickets and put money in the collection boxes, so far we have raised over £120 for Parkinsons UK, and I'll carry this on throughout the year raising money at events we do.

Big thanks to Birksie for manning the webcam and doing the filming Smile

Thanks also to Roger Jarman and Anthony Gough for coming along and telling us about their days at DMCL and showing us their memorabilia. Anthony even got to 'test drive' Welmoed's car on the way back from the boat trip today, sounds like he's got the bug and is going to buy one :wink: Also, it appears that although Roger and Anthony knew each other 30 years ago, they'd never met before, so it was nice to introduce them after all these years.

It was nice to see Andy Withers' car again after what must be 8 years - although poor Andy was distraught when 'Auto' got wet after a drop of overnight rain. :lol:

The drive up to the Horseshoe Pass was amazing, and if you've never been up there before, make a point of going at some point, its absolutely stunning, the views are to die for, and the cafe does do a cracking cup of tea Big Grin

The boat ride on the aqueduct today was really good, lovely and relaxing and again stunning scenery.

All in all, its been a really good, chilled out weekend, with great company, over 20 cars and its such a shame its all over. Thanks go to Eileen and the staff at Moreton Park for their hospitality, great food and friendly staff who were very helpful.

I think with so much still to see and do in that beautiful part of the country, we'll definately be going back sometime in the next couple of years.

Thanks also to Rich Hanlon and Rich H and everyone else who gave up their time to give technical help and support where needed.

I hope you all got home safely, and look forward to seeing you all soon.
Hey all

Hope everyone got home ok, Although after splitting off the convoy further down the a50 i hit a big puddle and the car decided to do a little bit of sliding but luckily it was only a tiny amount and a rather huge amount of relief getting home after such a fun drive back.

Its been a fantastic weekend and was good to see everyone again and even meet new people too. Quite a good turnout. Roll on eurofest.
DOC 527
Vin #10264
Glad to hear you got home ok Mike despite the puddle Smile

Forgot to mention the pop video bit that you, Stuart Rees, Birksie and I (with Kezzy on board) got to do on Saturday - and you got the starring role!! - Mind you, my car was fastest in the pulling away scene (eh Stuart! lol :wink: ) Big Grin

Roll on Eurofest in Ireland next year, and all the other events that we'll be attending this year Big Grin