Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DOC-UK Summer Event - Chirk, Shropshire, 11-13 June 2010
As per the announcement in the Winter 2008 issue of DeLorean News, on behalf of the
DeLorean Owners Club UK I am pleased to announce initial details of the Summer 2010
Event which is being held at Chirk, Shropshire, from Friday 11 June to Sunday 13 June.

The event will be based around Moreton Park Hotel in Chirk, and the rates are as follows:

Friday Night and/or Saturday night - £45 per person per night, for Bed, Breakfast and 3-course
evening meal. They have 46 rooms - 26 are double/twin rooms, and 20 are the 'large' rooms,
which are 2-storey and have a double room upstairs, plus a downstairs room with sofa-bed.
Cots are available free of charge on request. Children under 12 stay free. Moreton Park Hotel has
a large, secure, carpark, with CCTV and security. On site, they have a large restaurant, bar,
childrens play area and next door is a garden centre. Moreton Park are also linked to a
nearby larger hotel, which has facilities including a swimming pool and sauna. There has been
a lot of interest in this event already, so please book early to avoid disappointment. Please
quote "DeLorean Owners Club" when making your booking. The hotel have reserved all 46
rooms for us, but reserve the right to advertise any un booked rooms 1 month prior to the
event.

The full itinerary will be published in due course in DeLorean News, but for now, here is
an outline of the weekend's events that we are considering:
  • Scenic Drive to the famous Horseshoe Pass, including pausing for lunch at the Ponderosa cafe on the
    way that hosts many car clubs, and will reserve a carpark for us over looking the beautiful
    valley below.

Trefor Aqueduct - great spot for a photoshoot!

Llangollen Steam Railway - look around the museum and train workshops, or take a ride on a
    real steam train!

Chirk Castle - owned by the National Trust - beautiful gardens and a stunning castle to
    look around.

We will also be holding 'peoples choice' type competitions, with prize giving on the Saturday night.

We are also looking into one or two very special guest speakers for the Saturday night, details to be
confirmed.

Nearby to Chirk, is a disused RAF airfield, which is popular with car clubs for driving tests and
such like, and we will be looking into the possibility of utilising this for a few hours for some
fun activities.

Here are some web links:

http://www.moretonpark.com/pages/new_si ... lcome.html

http://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/main/w-chirkcastle

http://www.rcahmw.gov.uk/HI/ENG/Heritag ... Aqueducts/

http://www.ponderosacafe.co.uk/

http://www.llangollen-railway.co.uk/

We look forward to seeing you there!! Big Grin
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
can it be booked online or best to phone? I am thinking for a change i might try this one outSmile Maybe even do eurotec too if funds allow
DOC 527
Vin #10264
No online booking at the mo (I think, but Mary will sort this when she's back in the country
in July).

Just give them a call, quote 'DeLorean Owners Club' as your booking reference, and bob's
your uncle Big Grin

Thanks for your support! Smile
ok will give them a bell tommorow if i remember. I take it the best thing will be friday-sunday to get the most out of the event? Smile
DOC 527
Vin #10264
whatever you are happiest with mate. If you fancy, you can always come to ours first, then
we can all convoy over together (me, Phill, RichH, rest of Derbyshire posse), and probably
meet Malc and Gaye enroute too. Smile

Most people will be arriving Friday, so that we can get cracking after breakfast on Saturday.

There will be no 'set route' back from the scenic drive, to give people the option of either having a leisurely drive back through the countryside, or take a fast route back to the hotel down the main roads.

Its also worth noting, especially for our Irish visitors, that the location is easily accesible from
both Holyhead and Liverpool for ferries coming in from Belfast and Dublin.
yeah convoying would be good, safety in numbers and all that, lol. Your heading there friday then?
DOC 527
Vin #10264
All booked in myself, should be a really good weekend with lots to do and see. Family's are more than welcome and I am aware of Delorean owners with family's are already booked in (including myself Shock ) It's a great hotel in a super part of the country.

Chris
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
Wonderful! This is just down the road from me, so, due to the probable lack of my own D, I'll certainly endevour to come along and drool (metaphorically) over everyone elses 8)
Alasdair - DOC #648 - Shropshire
Ive got my own, and I was still drooling over everyone elses! lol
Paul Birks - DOC5 - Worksop
im booked in Smile
DOC 527
Vin #10264
Yup, I'm in.
Richard H. DOC 365 VIN 1274
http://www.deloreans.co.uk
In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are not.
we're all booked - got a larger room with a free cot included (as baby will be 8mths old then!)

Rich, you up for a spot of babysitting whilst I make up for not getting p'ssed for 9mths!! lol :lol: :wink:
Claire, something tells me you will be taking one of these with you:

[Image: post-2-1244804496.jpg]

Pimp that Cot !

NickT
I can't make Eurotec next year due to conflicting dates so I'll definitely come to this... My Mum lives just round the corner though so I'll probably stay there rather than the hotel. Are there any implications of doing this with regard to atttending the event?
VIN 7176
DOC 643
hahahaha, very good Nick!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well my Cabby is now done (yep, its the ONLY TDS Mk3 Convertible in the UK Big Grin ),
so you could say I've got a pram already!! lol :lol:

Gez - cant see any problem with you stopping at your mum's house, you are welcome to
come to the meals (I think the evening meals work out about £15 for 3 courses), and of
course you can still join in all the weekend's events. Be great to see you and your car there Smile