Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tyres with white wall writing
Hi,

I can't remember the chaps name, but he owns and is restoring the car that had a blue interior and seriously bling wheels.

Any way the MOT has once again picked up that my front tyres are craized and in need of replacement.

As I have white writing on my rear tyres I would like to get some fronts with writing too and I know the owner of the aformentioned DeLorean had white writing on his front tyres.

Whoever you are can you let me know what tyres you have and where you got them from.

Many thanks

James
www.classicdelorean.com
Colchester - Essex - UK
His name is Mike - username mec, and is coming to EuroTec on the Saturday
...but im sure he has locking wheel nuts ... Wink lol
James, if your rear tyres inner side walls doesn't have the white writing on, you could get the tyres swapped on the rear (keeping white writing on the inside!)

If you want the white writing look then I think you can get the paint to add your own. Look for the nearest chav Wink

NickT
NickT Wrote:James, if your rear tyres inner side walls doesn't have the white writing on, you could get the tyres swapped on the rear (keeping white writing on the inside!)

If you want the white writing look then I think you can get the paint to add your own. Look for the nearest chav Wink

NickT

I like the white wall writing, it matches my shell suit

J
www.classicdelorean.com
Colchester - Essex - UK
Nice............... 8)
Hi James,

You can get raised white letter tyres from Cooper Cobra which will fit the D. Not sure what they'd be like to drive on though...

Cheers,

Phil
1982 DeLorean VIN 12173 (a.k.a VIN 601)
1989 Alpine GTA V6 Turbo
I was kind of tempted by the Cooper Cobras but they seemed like a bit of an unknown quantity - since then I've heard Welmoed has them and he likes them. He's an 'enthusiastic' driver so that's a good sign...!
VIN 7176
DOC 643
You can get Goodyear Eagle GT2 with the white lettering. I'd say they are as
near as you can get to the BTTF look. As NCTs are no longer made in the correct size.
http://www.northhantstyres.com

I have a set but they are turned inwards so I have black sidewalls.
The car has Goodyear Eagle NCT 5's on the front.
This is as near as I could get to original.

Maybe we should start a campaign to lobby Goodyear to make Eagle NCT's
in the correct size and spec again so the car can have the correct boots.
Lots of tyre companies have re-launched ranges for classic cars but 70's and 80's stuff appears to have been left out.

Regards
Nick H
DOC 650
Jaguar X-Type
Range Rover Sport SDV6 "Rufus" (Mrs H's motor)
DeLorean DMC 12 Vin#2862

My other hobby...
http://www.lccuk.org.uk/