Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Charging / Voltage issue
bozzzydmc Wrote:Exactly Nick... however im getting worried as Ben is getting more attractive to me every day .....

Nice quote, but unfortunately i'll never have that much hair again!

People, meet Zoe Marie - How's that for coincidence?

[Image: 4190_84368688879_737818879_1839813_2559469_n.jpg]

One thing for sure though, although I have some already dodgy pictures of her like my others, I shall not be making them available on the net. That could have been where I went wrong last time!

Thanks for the advice on this issue guys, i'll go and see how it behaves when I go and start it tomorrow, and go from there.

Unfortunately, i'm not getting the time to put into these cars at the moment, thats what happens when things change drastically.......

Ben Smile
ummm zoe marie-------kelly marie ----SISTERS???? :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:
it will be lisa marie next Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin LOL you dirty old dog

cheers Tyson
Actually, her sisters are called Lisa Marie and Kylie Marie..........

Unbelievable eh?

Don't want to make this topic sleazy, but I don't know what the hell i've been missing.........

I started the car today, first start since sunday, and it started fine. Gauge reading as normal until I slap all the toys on, then its way under the 13V

If it was the alternator, surely the light would illuminate?

How much is a regulator, and where is it situated? I can't be bothered to research my e handbook for rough ideas.

I could just change everything in bennyboy fashion, battery, alternator, regulator, rack of lamb..........

Maybe then i'll get some answers, but I will try and clean some of them terminals off and tighten that belt if I can.......

I don't bloody trust it going far to be honest......

Ben

Smile
Regulator is bolted on the back of the alternator.

Seriously, check all those connections properly (don't just tighten them up, take them apart and CLEAN them) before you start buying bits.

Check your battery and make sure it's connections are tight too.

Have you got access to a voltmeter? Check the charging voltage across the battery using it. You should be getting at least 13v with nothing switched on.

Richard's Law: Blown Fuse, Loose Wire, Bad Earth - Not come across a fault yet that this hasn't fixed :lol:
Richard H. DOC 365 VIN 1274
http://www.deloreans.co.uk
In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are not.
Ben, as a thought, you're coming to Evesham, same as me, Phill and Rich (and a couple of
others), so if its still not quite right, then we can have a look at it for you next weekend Smile

Will you be bringing your new lady with you next week?

I can feel a party coming on! Big Grin
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie