Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wood dimensions for under front trunk carpet
Does anyone know the dimensions for the piece of wood that goes under the carpet in the bonnet? I'm going to fashion my own out of 3mm MDF but not having my hands on the car at the moment, I don't know how big it needs to be, or exactly what shape.

Is there a template anywhere?

I'm also planning to make a special upgraded version with hinge, so it can lift up either side of the strut bar Big Grin
VIN 7176
DOC 643
I replaced mine this weekend using scrap plywood veneer from a 70's office at my company. I just made a template based on area where i think the wood should go. I couldn't find dimensions anywhere. I then used some small black screws to tack the carpet down. It does the job and makes the trunk look neater.
VIN #2969
DOC UK # 609
Hi Gez,

I have been making a new base for my trunk carpet as well today! I will measure it up for you tomorrow. Big Grin

I also had the carpet edging re-done as it had shrunk with age and made the carpet curl up at the edges
VIN: 6511
Hi Dan,
My carpet is also curling up at the edges. Where can you get this redone?
Cheers
Kevin
VIN #2969
DOC UK # 609
Dan1986 Wrote:Hi Gez,

I have been making a new base for my trunk carpet as well today! I will measure it up for you tomorrow. Big Grin

I also had the carpet edging re-done as it had shrunk with age and made the carpet curl up at the edges

Awesome - thanks Dan! My carpet was wretched so I bought a nice new one from Dave Howarth for £25 or something... Just need to make something to hold it up now Big Grin
VIN 7176
DOC 643
This place do it http://www.acecarpetedging.co.uk/shop/pa...hop_param=

They are local to me, but there must be somewhere near you that do similar.
Dan - don't worry about the dimensions, Dave at DMCMW just posted this stateside which is very useful...

http://www.dmctalk.com/attachment.php?at...1242137731

Now I just need to work out where I put my hinges!
VIN 7176
DOC 643
Dan1986 Wrote:I also had the carpet edging re-done as it had shrunk with age and made the carpet curl up at the edges

Now: I wonder who gave you that tip? :wink:

I'd better watch you Dan, your starting to sound like me :lol:

Well done matey
VIN 4532

DOC-574
:wink: