or a lotus esprit :wink: TT
DOC398
VIN#3484
Tourettes Tutor
I have the X factor
Tourettes Tony Wrote:or a lotus esprit :wink: TT

Probably a good idea that :wink:
VIN: 6511
Dan1986 Wrote:Today I checked the throttle spool and adjusted it to open to the end stop. I then got it on a gas tester and set the CO to 2% (It was reading 0.9% before!) I then went for another test and it pulls nicely up to 100 then you have to wait ages for it to creap up then again 115 seems pretty much maxed.

So it looks like something needs to be played with. Next thing to try is fuel shims, and another air flow meter (volvo one)

I presume that you have adjusted your valve clearances to spec, your vac pipes are on the correct way round (or bypassed the thermo vac switch for volvo gear) and your ignition timing is set too. I presume spray pattern on injectors are fine and air filter is clean. If fuel pressure is set to stock setting then it should be OK (although I set mine to the max end of 5.5 bar instead of my original 4.7bar)

Other than clutch slipping or brakes binding or tyre pressures being out (and I think these would be all checked and OK knowing you Dan) then I wouldn't know.

Good luck

NickT
Mine only gets to 88mph. After that it all gets a bit weird!
Hi Nick, Everything you suggested there is fine apart from:
Valve clearances I havn't checked but wouldn't the engine sound 'tapety' if they were out?
Injector spray pattern I havn't checked.

One thing is I havn't had the geometry redone yet, so tracking could be out causing a bit of drag.

Cheers anyway, I have a few things there to play with and test Big Grin
VIN: 6511
Chris Williams Wrote:Hi Dan, I know that section of road, A120 (I mean test track) very well. I am surprised you did not get more than 120mph out of the car, I always thought they should have a higher top speed than that. I do know that you can get 82mph in 2nd gear flat out Shock Up the 1/4 mile at North weald.
perhaps the rolling road at Eurotec will be able to test top speed?
Chris

What rolling road? I may have missed a post somewhere Sad

JohnC
There you go bud... im hoping all who can will support these guys by sticking their cars on here ....

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2276&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=60

JohnC Wrote:
Chris Williams Wrote:Hi Dan, I know that section of road, A120 (I mean test track) very well. I am surprised you did not get more than 120mph out of the car, I always thought they should have a higher top speed than that. I do know that you can get 82mph in 2nd gear flat out Shock Up the 1/4 mile at North weald.
perhaps the rolling road at Eurotec will be able to test top speed?
Chris

What rolling road? I may have missed a post somewhere Sad

JohnC
Chris Hawes Wrote:My father in laws Volvo said 70mph on the speedo and 64mph on the TomTom.
Yeah my 740 is out by 10mph according to my TomTom :lol:
Kind Regards,
Jonny Jones
DOC #530
--------------------------
http://www.carpromos.co.uk