Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Outer door seals
I think I'm going to put new outer door seals on my car and wondered which ones are recommended as being good.

Ed's seem a good price, as do John Hervey's, Martin's Silicon ones are the most expensive but are they really worth it?

Cheers,
Dan
VIN: 6511
Hi Dan,

I used the DMC ones like Ed's. No Problems at all. In theory Martins should be best, but whoevers you use the final finish is down to the fitting.

There's a few useful tips on the forum already so I won't go over old ground. I'd read them through and take your time fitting them to get it right.

Regards
D

PS, put the Scuffmaster in the post to you today, PM me if you need any help/advice on applying it.
VIN 4532

DOC-574
Cheers Darren, I might get Ed to bring a set to eurotec then. If they are good enough for you they must be ok :wink:

Thanks for the scuffmaster. I'm assuming I can brush it on to get an even coating?
I have a set on that PJGrady supplied me ... still look great 2 years on .. they do a small and large profile depending upon your door fit...
Hi Dan,

Your better putting it on with a sponge (honest) you can use a small one like a pan scrubber type (just dont use the scotchbrite side :wink: ) then you wont get brush marks.

For the flat surface a sponge mini paint roller will do a good even job.

The best advice is do it in thin coats not one thick one, and allow it to dry in between.

Regards
D
VIN 4532

DOC-574
Thanks Darren I'll give it a go later this week.

Thanks Mike I'll check out their site.